java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out

nyaar

Sep 29, 2005, 10:18:10 AM9/29/05
Hello.

I'm having trouble with this exception:

[29/09/05 10:27:04:383 CEST] 31dab7f2 HttpConnectio < readAndHandleRequest
[29/09/05 10:27:04:867 CEST] 5f58f7de HttpConnectio d Read timed out
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)
at com.ibm.ws.io.Stream.read(Stream.java:17)
at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.readBuffer(ReadStream.java:411)
at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.read(ReadStream.java:110)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:445)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:672)

I've got WAS 5.1 with no ND on a Win2000 server and the IIS is on other box. Plus, this happen only to one of the apps and not in the other six, witch are on the same appserver and share the same IIS server.

Ah, the app is under test load, and it may be related with the exception, not sure.

Somebody knows what are the common causes for this java exception? I don't know where to focus my investigation...

~~
May the Force be with us, WAS users ;)

Ken Hygh

Sep 29, 2005, 11:33:19 AM9/29/05
nyaar wrote:

This is often some kind of network issue, or sometimes something with
the client or the workload the client is sending.

Ken

nyaar

Sep 30, 2005, 6:14:07 AM9/30/05
Thanks for replying Ken.

If there's some overload on the network while the load testing, all the apps should have the same problems, shouldn't they?

Maybe should I change the client I use to do the testing? Can it have something to do about the size of the packets/sessions/whatever that's configured on the plugin?

Thanks!

Ken Hygh

Sep 30, 2005, 6:38:43 AM9/30/05
nyaar wrote:

If it's in the plugin, then it'd affect all applications again.

It could still have something to do with the client. Or the requests for
that particular application.

Ken