WAS 5.1 server launches but initialisation fails...

mayuresh...@yahoo.com

Mar 16, 2007, 3:43:19 AM3/16/07
Originally posted: 2007 March 16 02:59 AM mayuresh
my prob is as following:

i start the (WAS 5.1 )server ..it launches but the initialisation fails.
when i check the status of the server it shows tht it appears to be stopped.
on investigating the log i found the follwing exception.
"Could not create SOAP Connector to connect to host {my machine name} at port "8880"

i checked the ports using netstat -an
but found that, this port 8880 is not getting conflicted.

I also checked for the security enabled i.e. com.ibm.SOAP.securityEnabled=false
so i think this should interfer with the security settings...

so can any one please guide me wat must be going wrong with the application.

also let me tell u that
previouly it was working. I found that my one of the jsp pages used conn.createstatement(). Because of which it gave the some exception. In one of the forums i found that we have to run the bat file "java12" to avoid that exception and i did as told. Since then i found tht my server is not working. ...or is it some another problem??...i think m lost PLEASE HELP.

Ken Hygh

Mar 16, 2007, 9:52:26 AM3/16/07

Is the server failing to start? or the application?

Which log is that error message showing up in for port 8880? is that the
port your server is listening on?

Ken

mayuresh...@yahoo.com

Mar 20, 2007, 7:14:29 AM3/20/07

i have attatched the log.

Server is failing to start. Yes my port is listening to 8880 port. It is also the port mentioned in "wsadmin" properties file.

Please help..

mayuresh...@yahoo.com

Mar 20, 2007, 7:17:20 AM3/20/07

com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: Could not create SOAP Connector to connect to host hsbc-vw998ofe26 at port 8880
[3/15/07 10:39:32:266 IST] ee96921 WsServerStop A ADMU3007E: Exception com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: Could not create SOAP Connector to connect to host hsbc-vw998ofe26 at port 8880
at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:354)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.LaunchUtils.getAdminClient(LaunchUtils.java:347)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.LaunchUtils.getAdminClient(LaunchUtils.java:287)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.runTool(WsServerStop.java:196)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AdminTool.executeUtility(AdminTool.java:173)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.main(WsServerStop.java:86)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:41)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:313)
at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:285)
... 10 more
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:250)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.<init>(SOAPConnectorClient.java:183)
... 15 more
Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient$2.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:233)
at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:111)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:230)
... 16 more
---- Begin backtrace for nested exception
[...]

this is the error log ..
My server is not starting. The wsadmin properties file says that my port for SOAP is 8880.

please help

Ken Hygh

Mar 20, 2007, 10:30:31 AM3/20/07
mayuresh...@yahoo.com wrote:

> com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: Could not create SOAP Connector to connect to host hsbc-vw998ofe26 at port 8880
> [3/15/07 10:39:32:266 IST] ee96921 WsServerStop A ADMU3007E: Exception com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E:

[snip]

> Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
> at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient$2.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:233)
> at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:111)
> at com.ibm.ws.management
>

> this is the error log ..
> My server is not starting. The wsadmin properties file says that my port for SOAP is 8880.
>
> please help

It's possible the userid you're running this on doesn't have permissions
to open that port, or a firewall is blocking it.

Ken