websphere 4.0.4 crash on heavy load after solaris 8 upgrade

pbat...@yahoo.com

Sep 18, 2005, 5:55:01 PM9/18/05
We have our application running on solaris 8 with websphere 4.0.4 and IBM HTTP Server. Things seem to be fine since one year. We recetly went with a solaris patch upgrade (may 2005) applying
108528-29 SunOS 5.8: kernel update and Apache patch
116973-01 SunOS 5.8: Apache Patch
Since than websphere is crashing with the following error

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.start(ThreadPool.java:126)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.wakeup(ThreadPool.java:111)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool.getThread(ThreadPool.java:453)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.ThreadPool.startWorkerThread(ThreadPool.java:83)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.IIOPConnection.processInput(IIOPConnection.java:879)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.StandardReaderThread.run(StandardReaderThread.java:187)

libthread panic: cannot create new lwp : dumping core (PID: 7313 LWP 2)
stacktrace:
ff361c90
0

Not sure if the solaris patch has caused it. jvm memory and number of file descriptors seems to be fine.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Praveen