error pages not working

kurt wood

Jan 30, 2001, 11:22:45 AM1/30/01
I cannot seem to get error pages to work -

I get the following message:

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to
report such errors more gracefully

com.sun.jsp.JspException: Compilation failed
at javax.servlet.ServletException.(ServletException.java:49)
at com.sun.jsp.JspException.(JspException.java:29)
at com.sun.jsp.compiler.Main.compile(Main.java:349)
at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.compile(JspLoader.java:86)
at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:217)

etc etc

my main jsp is refering to an error page as follows:

<%@ page language="java" errorPage="myerrors.jsp" %>

the myerrors.jsp looks like:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
<%@ page isErrorPage="true" %>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
</head>
test error page

error message is:<br>
<I><%= exception.getMessage() %></i>

any ideas on this?

Han Lee

Jan 30, 2001, 3:47:09 PM1/30/01
Kurt,

What I know is that if you get JSP compile error, it is not routed to
ErrorPage. You get comiple dump.

pete_garvin

Jan 30, 2001, 5:54:55 PM1/30/01
Hi Kurt,
There is an entry in the was configuration file to specify which error
page to use. Have you checked that?

I'm able to get the error page to display but the exception object is
null so I can't do any processing on the error.

Pete

ingo.g...@gmx.net

Feb 2, 2001, 3:15:11 AM2/2/01
Hi Pete.

Could you please tell me in which config file the error page is
specified? I was looking for it but could not find any matching entry.

Tnx.
Ingo.

In article <3A77463F...@goodyear.com>,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

pete_garvin

Feb 10, 2001, 2:53:26 PM2/10/01
On the OS/390 platform, the WAS has a configuration file. The default file
is /usr/lpp/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/was.conf

Upon looking more at the error in your original question, it looks like your
error page JSP did not compile correctly. Could there be another error
somewhere on the JSP page that is causing the problem?