Service Integration Bus : dump msgs w sibdesthandler is not working in ND

kacy

Oct 15, 2009, 5:34:19 AM10/15/09
I'm trying to dump message from an SIB using SIBDesthandler. Everything is working fine with an SIB on a single server, but when I try with the same configuration on an SIB in a ND environnement, I get the stackTrace :
{code}
Service Integration Bus Destination Handler, Version 1.0.2
© Copyright IBM Corp. 2008 All Rights Reserved.
ERROR for destination [Queue selector=,address=[dest][name]ME.WCS.RESPP[/name][/dest]] connection: [SIBConnection[connProps={providerEndpoints=xtcow1:9116, targetTransportChain=InboundBasicMessaging, busName=BUS01},username=]]:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Object
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.jmf.impl.JSMessageData.getDynamic(JSMessageData.java:783)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.jmf.impl.JSMessageData.getNativePart(JSMessageData.java:734)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.impl.JsMsgPart.getPart(JsMsgPart.java:205)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.impl.JsMsgObject.getPart(JsMsgObject.java:1364)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.impl.JsMessageImpl.getApi(JsMessageImpl.java:889)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.mfp.impl.JsApiHdrsImpl.getApiMessageId(JsApiHdrsImpl.java:458)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.api.jms.impl.JmsMessageImpl.getJMSMessageID(JmsMessageImpl.java:536)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.propertyhelpers.JMSMessagePropertyHelper$4.getObjectProperty(JMSMessagePropertyHelper.java:205)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.propertyhelpers.JMSMessagePropertyHelper$4.getPropertyAsString(JMSMessagePropertyHelper.java:208)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.propertyhelpers.JMSMessagePropertyHelper.getPropertyAsString(JMSMessagePropertyHelper.java:911)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.WrappedMessage.toString(WrappedMessage.java:308)
at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2645)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:433)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.BaseConnection.processWrappedMessage(BaseConnection.java:223)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.CoreSPIConnection.processDestination(CoreSPIConnection.java:162)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.impl.BaseConnection.performRun(BaseConnection.java:141)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.SIBDestHandler.runOnce(SIBDestHandler.java:219)
at com.ibm.ws.sib.desthandler.SIBDestHandlerCmdLine.main(SIBDestHandlerCmdLine.java:66)
{code}
Any idea ? I'm also disapointed with the POOR documentation, or MISSING SIB's javadoc on IBM WAS InfoCenter. There are fixpack ok but I'm wondering why the hell the missing doc isn't online (I don't want to get the documentation installed on my production servers !!).

Peter.B

Oct 15, 2009, 8:22:04 AM10/15/09
From the stack it looks like the destination handler is just calling getJMSMessageID on the JMS message it browsed from the SIB queue.
The error is deep in the SIB code that manages the internal representation of the message.
Please can you try with the latest (1.1.3) version of the destination handler available here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?fdoc=aimwas&rs=180&uid=swg24021439
If it still fails, please can provide the full the command line you used to run the tool.
From the stack I can't tell if you're using a full WAS 6.0.2 installation, or the IBM Client for JMS on J2SE with IBM WebSphere Application Server.
For reference, the command line to use if running it as a thin client with a full install is described here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/info/ae/ae/tcli_developthin.html
I suggest also getting client-side trace so I can see exactly what's going on (SIB*=all should provide all the detail needed).