Cannot start application which deployed in the cluster

ellen_li

Jul 15, 2003, 1:44:39 PM7/15/03
I am using WebSphere 5.0. And on the remote machine I saw the PlantsByWebSphere.ear directory has been created in the InstalledApps directory.

ellen_li

Jul 15, 2003, 1:29:14 PM7/15/03
Hi All,
I build a cluster which include 3 servers. 2 servers are in local. And the third one is in remote machine. I just updated the PlantsByWebSphere example and make the target points to the cluster. Every time when I tried to start the PlantsByWebSphere example, it always failed to start on the remote machine. From the remote machine, I got
"[7/14/03 19:51:46:661 PDT] 47a71dce DeployedAppli W WSVR0215W: Starting application, PlantsByWebSphere, failed. The application is not installed.
[7/14/03 19:51:46:671 PDT] 47a71dce ApplicationMg W WSVR0100W: An error occurred initializing, PlantsByWebSphere
com.ibm.ws.exception.ConfigurationWarning: No server target found for application, PlantsByWebSphere
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.initialize(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:334)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.initializeApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:135)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:444)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invoke(MMBInvoker.java:46)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invokeOperation(MMBInvoker.java:115)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.DynamicModelMBeanSupport.invoke(DynamicModelMBeanSupport.java:409)
at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:323)
at com.tivoli.jmx.GenericMBeanSupport.invoke(GenericMBeanSupport.java:178)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanAccess.invoke(MBeanAccess.java:113)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:290)
at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:655)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServiceDelegator.java:130)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.invoke(SOAPConnector.java:308)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.service(SOAPConnector.java:180)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnection.handleRequest(SOAPConnection.java:55)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:432)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:343)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:592)

Is there anyone knows how to fix this?
Thank you very much

Ellen

ravi_asthana

Jul 15, 2003, 3:15:48 PM7/15/03
Hi Ellen, its not for answering your question, rather I would like ask
something from you. just wanted to know if the 2 local servers that you
have are seperate installation or one is a configuration instance of the
base installation. Its 2nd server is base installation then can you
please tell how did you created and made the other server running. I
have a situation in which I need to run multiple configuration instances
of the WAS5.0 server in a single machine. I created an instance using
"wsinstance" command. I ran setupCmdLine.bat and after that ran
startServer. However, on doing so I get an error saying that "No
Configuration found for server 2". After this I installed deployment
manager and tried using startManager command rather than startServer.
However, for some reason that is also not able to make my server
instance running. I would appreciate if you could explain me step by
step as to how you created another instance and made it running. But
ofcourse only if the other server is an instance and not a seperate
installation. AND yes I am also using WAS5.0, just for clarification. I
urgently need to fix this problem, so would appreciate if you could help
me. Thanks

ellen_li

Jul 15, 2003, 7:04:55 PM7/15/03
Hi Ravi,
Here are the steps I am using to setup 2 servers in the local.
1. Install WebSphere Application Server 5.0 base server
2. Install deployment manager
3. Perform addNode localhost 8889(this is SOAP Connector Address) -includeapps from the appserver bin directory
4. Create a cluster(cluster1) from the WebSphere Administrative Console
5. Add server 1 in the cluster1.(Using the Console)
6. In the console window, go to Environment->Virtual Hosts->default_hosts->Host Aliases. Make sure one Port is 80 ( If the port in httpd.conf in IBMHTTPSErver\conf is 80).
7. Go to DeploymentManager\bin run GenPluginCfg.bat.
8. With the generated file plugin-cfg.xml, open with notepad, replace all DeploymentManager to AppServer. And copy this file to WebSphere\AppServer\config\cells
9. Go to IBMHTTPServer directory to start Apache.exe.
10. Start cluster and server1
11. go to http://localhost/petstore to access the PetStore example.

12. In the WebSphere AdminConsole, go to Servers->Application Servers->New a server server2(Using server1 as the template)
13. Go to Servers->Clusters->cluster1->cluster members->New (to add server2 to the cluster1)
14. Go to Applications->Enterprise Applications->check petstore and click Export. Save the ear file in one directory. Click back
15. check Petstore->Update, follow the wizard to reinstall the petstore.
16. Notice in the target page, need to select cluster1 and select all the modules. click Next
17. In the Applications page, stop petstore and start again.
18. Regenerate Plugin-cfg.xml file and restart Apache.exe

ravi_asthana

Jul 17, 2003, 8:02:19 AM7/17/03
Hi Ellen, Thanks a lot for step by step instructions for making
different servers run. I could make my other server run as well. Though
I haven't included in in cluster. But it is running. It wasn't possible
without your help. So thanks a lot.

zhen...@yahoo.com

Aug 25, 2005, 12:15:48 PM8/25/05
I created server2 in Servers/Application Servers of websphere administrative Console, created new virtual port for server2 and new application with new virtual port,
the new application can start but not work.
Could you tell me the correct procedure to create a new server?
Thank you very much.