Exception "Too many open files" in Solaris.

Raju Kolluru

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
Hello:

I am trying to run the sample SessionBean(HelloServer.jar) in IBM
WebSphere Application Server 2.01, Apache 1.3.3.1, SunOS guru 5.6
Generic_105181-08 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20
I am able to start apache server and when I grep for java processes, I
find 2 of them. However , when I regenerate the HelloServer.jar file, I
get an error dialog saying : "Redeploy/Copy error: destination jar file
not created".
The exception displayed in AppServer/logs/jvm_stderr.log" has been
copied at the end of this mail.

Can anyone help me to get this working? I didn't see anything about
this in the FAQ or the newsgroup.

Thanks in advance
Raju

EJBDeploy: generateStubs(): IOException occured during JCompile
execution
java.io.IOException: Too many open files
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
at
com.ibm.ivj.ejb.tools.deployment.EJBDeploy.generateStubs(EJBDeploy.ja
va)
at
com.ibm.ivj.ejb.tools.deployment.EJBDeploy.createEJSJar(EJBDeploy.jav
a)
at
com.ibm.servlet.controller.ControllerAdmin.deployEJBJar(ControllerAdm
in.java:2164)
at
com.ibm.servlet.controller.ControllerAdmin.deployEJBJar(ControllerAdm
in.java:738)
at
com.sun.server.http.AdminServlet.dispatchRequest(AdminServlet.java:71
0)
at
com.sun.server.http.AdminServlet.service(AdminServlet.java:399)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
at
com.sun.server.ServletState.callService(ServletState.java:316)
at
com.sun.server.ServletManager.callServletService(ServletManager.java:
1323)
at
com.sun.server.ProcessingState.invokeTargetServlet(ProcessingState.ja
va:434)
at
com.sun.server.http.HttpProcessingState.execute(HttpProcessingState.j
ava:93)
at com.sun.server.http.stages.Runner.process(Runner.java:77)
at
com.sun.server.ProcessingSupport.process(ProcessingSupport.java:260)
at com.sun.server.Service.process(Service.java:229)
at
com.sun.server.http.HttpServiceHandler.handleRequest(HttpServiceHandl
er.java:350)
at
com.sun.server.http.HttpServiceHandler.handleRequest(HttpServiceHandl
er.java:210)
at com.sun.server.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:154)

Arnold Goldberg

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
ulimit -n 1024 using ksh

Raju Kolluru <ra...@versant.com> wrote in message