Jmxc.jar and Jboss-jmx.jar not working together

arvind...@realsoftinc.com

Apr 26, 2006, 8:06:17 AM4/26/06
hi

i am working on application server runtime monitoring module and in which i have a seperate agent for Jboss and WebSphere.

Now, at runtime i have to add both application server's Vendor specific jars into Classpath like,

jmxc.jar and jboss-jmx.jar.

then only i can get the parameter info through JMX Agent.

Now, in this case which one load first that jar's application server i can monitor like if in my classpath i put 'jboss-jmx.jar' first and 'jmxc.jar' second then i can monitor Jboss but when i try to monitor WebSphere it will give me following exception:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy0.queryNames(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminClientImpl.queryNames(AdminClientImpl.java:87)
at WebSphereMonitorMain.testMBeanDetail(WebSphereMonitorMain.java:103)
at WebSphereMonitorMain.main(WebSphereMonitorMain.java:657)
Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception; msg=ADMC0011E: SOAP RPC call can not be unmarshalled; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: javax.management.ObjectName; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 1081892073854801359, local class serialVersionUID = -5467795090068647408]
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.handleAdminFault(SOAPConnectorClient.java:610)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:579)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.queryNames(SOAPConnectorClient.java:381)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:321)
... 4 more
Exception in thread "main"

See here both can work independently but not together , can any body help me out how can set this both the jar togetehr into classpath.

because my requirement is at runtime from Web UI User can see the WebSphere as well Jboss Parameter and for this i require this both jar files into my runtime classpath.

i need urgent reply, pls help me i am new for WebSphere.
thanks in advance

lbrd.

Paul Ilechko

Apr 26, 2006, 8:31:05 AM4/26/06
arvind...@realsoftinc.com wrote:
> hi
>
> i am working on application server runtime monitoring module and in
> which i have a seperate agent for Jboss and WebSphere.
>
> Now, at runtime i have to add both application server's Vendor
> specific jars into Classpath like,
>
> jmxc.jar and jboss-jmx.jar.

Have you thought about checking those jars for classname conflicts ?

Ken Hygh

Apr 26, 2006, 8:31:37 AM4/26/06
Do the versions of JBoss and WebSphere that you're using both support
the same version of JMX? You could be fighting API changes between JMX
versions.

Ken

arvind...@realsoftinc.com

Apr 26, 2006, 9:04:04 AM4/26/06
hi paul,

thanks for giving me reply,

see i am not sure but i think it is giving me package conflicts. because both this jars using same package of JMX only difference is implementation and may be JMX version as well we can think like both compiled into different version of jdk.

but see this all are my assumptions but i am also not able to understand the exact problem that what is going wrong.

thanks,
alir1

Paul Ilechko

Apr 26, 2006, 9:41:19 AM4/26/06

I think you need to find an experienced java programmer to help you.

liri...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2006, 2:08:57 AM4/29/06
hi ken

after long time i am back again with the same query,

ya u r true. i want to monitor WebSphere 5.1 which is using JMX 1.1 while Jboss 4.0.0 which is using JMX 1.2.

Now, here i am fighting with the API. can u tell me any solution.

becuaw at runtime which version's jar set first in classpath that JMX jar will work and other one giving me SerialVersion error stack trace as follow.

2006-04-29 11:49:08,953 WARN org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext[main] - Failed to connect to localhost:1099
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:212)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1185)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:515)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:508)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.jboss4.JbossMonitorMain.<init>(JbossMonitorMain.java:220)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.jboss4.JbossMonitorMain.getInstance(JbossMonitorMain.java:325)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.monitorJboss4(MonitorMain.java:213)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.doMonitor(MonitorMain.java:90)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.main(MonitorMain.java:76)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:186)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:182)
... 9 more
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to find method for hash:-884175917852741154
at org.jboss.invocation.MarshalledInvocation.getMethod(MarshalledInvocation.java:367)
at org.jboss.ha.framework.server.HARMIServerImpl.invoke(HARMIServerImpl.java:210)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ha.framework.server.HARMIServerImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invokeRemote(HARMIClient.java:127)
at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invoke(HARMIClient.java:196)
at $Proxy0.lookup(Unknown Source)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:529)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:508)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.jboss4.JbossMonitorMain.<init>(JbossMonitorMain.java:220)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.jboss4.JbossMonitorMain.getInstance(JbossMonitorMain.java:325)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.monitorJboss4(MonitorMain.java:213)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.doMonitor(MonitorMain.java:90)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.main(MonitorMain.java:76)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.monitorJboss4(MonitorMain.java:218)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.doMonitor(MonitorMain.java:90)
at com.realsoftinc.admincentral.appserver.test.MonitorMain.main(MonitorMain.java:76)

do u have any idea about this.

thanks
lbrd

Paul Ilechko

Apr 29, 2006, 8:05:39 AM4/29/06
liri...@hotmail.com wrote:
> hi ken
>
> after long time i am back again with the same query,
>
> ya u r true. i want to monitor WebSphere 5.1 which is using JMX 1.1
> while Jboss 4.0.0 which is using JMX 1.2.
>
> Now, here i am fighting with the API. can u tell me any solution.
>
> becuaw at runtime which version's jar set first in classpath that JMX
> jar will work and other one giving me SerialVersion error stack trace
> as follow.

> do u have any idea about this.

Maybe you can do something clever with custom classloaders ?