can't restart WSAD

IMB4U

Jan 16, 2003, 4:56:25 AM1/16/03
I'm running WSAD v4. I managed to crash the whole WSAD system running my
code. When I went to restart WSAD, it wouldn't start. I powered down the
machine and tried again with the same results.

Checking the log, I see:

4 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 Plugin org.eclipse.ui was unable to instantiate
class org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up
plug-in: org.eclipse.core.resources.

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivatio
n(PluginDescriptor.java:661)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(Plugin
Descriptor.java:204)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.activatePlugin(PluginCla
ssLoader.java:52)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.findClassParentsSelf(Plu
ginClassLoader.java:128)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(Delegating
URLClassLoader.java:624)

Any ideas why even the base plugins won't load?

thanks

Jim Palistrant

Jan 16, 2003, 2:18:02 AM1/16/03
I don't know why it won't load, but try moving the existing
<APP_DEV_ROOT>\workbench to a different name and starting again and then
import what you need from the old workbench. Or start WebSphere Studio
with the -data option: <APP_DEV_ROOT>\wsappdev -data
new_workbench_directory.

IMB4U wrote:

--
Jim Palistrant
Worldwide Technical Consultant for WebSphere Studio