POJO client cannt send mesg to MDB running inside WAS 6.0.x(not 6.1)

VikkyChan

Feb 11, 2008, 12:21:25 PM2/11/08
I have MDB running inside WAS 6.0.x(not 6.1). It uses Default Queues(Destination) defined in default Messaging and then the actual queues are defined in SIB(service integration bus). The MDB application starts fine and all listeners appears to be active(at least no errors reported while starting my MDB app).<br />
Now I want to write a simple Java app, using JVM not WAS, which should be able to send a mesg to this MDB. Somewhere in developerWorks, i saw MDB deploy descriptors as<br />
provideURL = iiop://localhost:2809 (which is like a corba lookup for server, like an LDAP, this is set in my javaApp) <br />
context_factory = the standard IBM context factory.<br />
qcf = as defined in default messging engine above<br />
queue = as defined in default messging engine above (not in SIB)<br />
When I try to run this, I get an error on some Jars not found, I followed all the way and keep on adding one at a time! <br />
Now after abt 20+ jar addition, i still see one more which I cant figure out. This is as below:<br />
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/hyades/logging/events/cbe/impl/EventFactoryContext<br />
Does anyone has idea which jar file is it from. The base class calling this one is a std one <br />
at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.&lt;clinit&gt;(Tr.java:276)<br />
at com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.&lt;clinit&gt;(WsnInitialContextFactory.java:70)<br />
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)<br />
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:260)<br />
at com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(VersionHelper12.java:60)<br />
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)<br />
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:257)<br />
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:233)<br />
at javax.naming.InitialContext.&lt;init&gt;(InitialContext.java:209)<br />
at att.sdp.test.TestMessageForMDB.main(TestMessageForMDB.java:37)<br />
Any clue is appreciated, thanks in advance.<br />
Vikky Chan

anders...@seb.se

Feb 12, 2008, 2:25:17 AM2/12/08
A tip by the way when looking for a specific class amongst a bunch of jar files is to use a one-liner which greps out what you are looking for out of the contents of the jar files. If you are on a Linux/Unix-system, something like this is very handy:<br />
<code>$ for i in *.jar;do echo "" &#38;&#38; echo $i &#38;&#38; jar -tf $i|grep EventFactoryContext;done |less</code>
If you (like me) is stuck with playing Windows, there are open unix utility binaries for Windows to find on the web. Then you can run handy one-liners such as the one above on Windows systems.<br />
Cheers<br />
/Anders

Alasdair Nottingham

Feb 16, 2008, 8:37:49 PM2/16/08
Hi,<br />
Have you considered getting your JVM client using the "IBM Client for JMS on J2SE with IBM WebSphere Application Server" which is basically a client for accessing SIB from a JVM. It includes all the classes you will need.<br />
Alasdair

j...@takapenkki.net

Apr 11, 2008, 7:19:55 AM4/11/08
Hello.<br />
The jar you are looking for is com.ibm.jaxws.thinclient_6.1.0.jar. It's in WAS_HOME\runtimes\base_v61\runtimes folder.

anders...@seb.se

Apr 11, 2008, 8:01:31 AM4/11/08

Hello.<br />
The jar you are looking for is com.ibm.jaxws.thinclient_6.1.0.jar. It's in WAS_HOME\runtimes\base_v61\runtimes folder.</div>
That is the jar file for WAS 6.1. In the subject he explicitly says that he is using WAS 6.0.

jtpape

Apr 11, 2008, 9:50:22 AM4/11/08
The JAR requires a JDK 1.5.0 instance and will work against a WAS 6.0 instance. <br />
John Pape<br />
WebSphere Advisory Software Engineer