mbeanInspector

Mike Dunk

Jan 27, 2007, 4:40:10 PM1/27/07
I was hoping that mbeanInspector would have some instalation instructions or documentation. Has anyone come across any?

Having download and run mbeanInspector, I cannot get it running has anyone had this issue?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\MBeansInspector\bin>mbeaninspector.bat
'"C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\MBeansInspector\bin\setupCmdLine.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Tom Weissinger

Jan 29, 2007, 7:55:22 AM1/29/07
Try putting mbeaninspector.bat in the WebSphere/bin directory instead. That
is where I have it and it works for me. That directory is where
setupCmdLine.bat is located.

"Mike Dunk" <mike...@fairisaac.com> wrote in message

Paul Ilechko

Jan 29, 2007, 8:01:56 AM1/29/07

This is a Windows issue, not a WAS issue.

Mike Dunk

Jan 29, 2007, 9:03:01 AM1/29/07
Thanks for the reply to my message. I think I need software with more documentation and users, so I am will try switching to http://jmanage.org/. As
following your advice I get:

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin>mbeaninspector.bat
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.mbeaninspector.MBeanInspector
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:492)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:132
)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:87)

at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:239)

I think Paul is right when he says that this is more of a windows issue, I must have screwed up the installation somewhere along the line.

Paul Ilechko

Jan 29, 2007, 9:31:58 AM1/29/07

When I say it's a Windows issue, all I mean is that a .bat file can't
execute another .bat file that is not in the local directory or on the
Windows Path. The problem is not WAS, it's basic ignorance of the
simplest concepts.

Mike Dunk

Jan 29, 2007, 10:04:32 AM1/29/07
My understanding is that now running the mbeaninspector.bat from a directory containing mbeaninspector.jar and setupCmdLine.bat that the application should run.

Ben_

Jan 29, 2007, 4:11:55 PM1/29/07
> a .bat file can't
> execute another .bat file that is not in the local directory or on the
> Windows Path.
Use the "CALL" command.

Mike Dunk

Feb 1, 2007, 5:12:29 AM2/1/07
As Paul has already pointed out, my lack of Windows experience may make these an obvious question to ask about MBeanInspector, however, I am still curious to know:

Doesn't the reference to the "%~dp0" macro used in mbeaninspector.bat resolve the fully expanded path to the directory containing the batch file?

Put another way: wouldn't the reference to the "~dp0" macro in mbeaninspector.bat allow batch files to run regardless of the current working directory?

Equally, hasn't the addition of "%~dp0" in front of setupCmdLine.bat in the batch file "mbeaninspector.bat" given location independence without having to hard code paths?

Ben_

Feb 3, 2007, 3:36:02 AM2/3/07
I haven't seen the script, but I wouldn't generally expect alphaWorks stuff
to be state of the art programming...

So, it's very well possible that could have been written differently, but if
it works, it's just enough.