Oracle 10.2.0 driver on WebSphere v5.1.1.12

Sven Vermeulen

Jun 6, 2007, 6:40:35 AM6/6/07
We're trying to use the Oracle thin driver to connect to a Oracle 10g
database (the driver is also for 10.2.0). In the documentation it is
stated that tns support for thin is included, so we are trying to use
something akin to "jdbc:oracle:thin:@something.company.com" where
something.company.com is registered in LDAP (a tnsping for
something.company.com works just fine).

However, when testing this connection in WebSphere, we get the
following error message:

Test Connection failed for datasource Oracle JDBC Driver DataSource
thin test on server testserver at node testnode with the following
exception: java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception:
Unknown host specified DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code =
17,002. View JVM logs for further details. null

In the logs I find:

java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Unknown host
specified DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = 17,002
at
com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testConnectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:
2136)
at
39)
at
25)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.testConnectionToDataSource2(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:
525)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.testConnection(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:
453)
at
39)
at
25)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invoke(MMBInvoker.java:
46)
at
com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invokeOperation(MMBInvoker.java:
115)
at
com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.DynamicModelMBeanSupport.invoke(DynamicModelMBeanSupport.java:
409)
at
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:
323)
at
com.tivoli.jmx.GenericMBeanSupport.invoke(GenericMBeanSupport.java:
178)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanAccess.invoke(MBeanAccess.java:113)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:
290)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:
659)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServiceDelegator.java:
130)
at
39)
at
25)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.invoke(SOAPConnector.java:
324)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.service(SOAPConnector.java:
194)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnection.handleRequest(SOAPConnection.java:
55)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
652)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:448)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:937)

I'm assuming that I can't use thin with LDAP tns (although the
documentation sais otherwise). Does anyone have a similar setup on
WebSphere or has encountered this message before?

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Rico

Jun 9, 2007, 10:02:11 PM6/9/07

Hi, ,Sven

It seems you need to use the following URL syntax:

"jdbc:oracle:thin:@ldap://ldap.acme.com:7777/
sales,cn=OracleContext,dc=com"

The @ should be followed by the LDAP host name not the database server
host name