Installation successful but unknown problem

ting....@hotmail.com

Jan 14, 2009, 9:10:06 AM1/14/09
I tried to install WebSphere Commmunity Edition but no success. Latest version I believe. My computer can run glassfish under netBean.

At the end of installation, the installer outputs

"The installation of IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition is finished, but some errors occurred during the installation. Please see the installation log for details."

My platform is WinUltimate. I downloaded IBM SDK 6 and installed under "IBM" folder (but i didn't select it to be the system JVM during installation). I looked under websphere installation directory, there are only some short-cuts and uninstaller. I looked under start and IBM WebShpere, and there are only 3 short-cuts that don't work either. Obviously nothing got installed.

The attached file maybe the installtion log (i found it under my user account folder) and it is a bit longer. The time seems to correspond to the time i attempted the installation.

There is another short file also under my user account folder (wasce_install_sysout.???-i don't know extension) which may be revelevant:

{code}
Using GERONIMO_BASE: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServerCommunityEdition
Using GERONIMO_HOME: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServerCommunityEdition
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
Using JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\jre
Error: Unable to connect to server at deployer:geronimo:jmx --
Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost;
nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
javax.enterprise.deploy.spi.exceptions.DeploymentManagerCreationException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.newRemoteDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:190)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.getDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:140)
at javax.enterprise.deploy.shared.factories.DeploymentFactoryManager.getDeploymentManager(DeploymentFactoryManager.java:111)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.tryToConnect(ServerConnection.java:199)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection. (ServerConnection.java:95)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:161)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:323)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.newRemoteDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:182)
... 8 more
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:101)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1871)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1841)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:257)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.Socket. (Socket.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:180)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
... 20 more
{code}

Juanma Martinez

Jan 14, 2009, 6:15:43 PM1/14/09
ting....@hotmail.com wrote:
> I tried to install WebSphere Commmunity Edition but no success. Latest version I believe. My computer can run glassfish under netBean.
>
> At the end of installation, the installer outputs
>
> "The installation of IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition is finished, but some errors occurred during the installation. Please see the installation log for details."
>
> My platform is WinUltimate. I downloaded IBM SDK 6 and installed under "IBM" folder (but i didn't select it to be the system JVM during installation). I looked under websphere installation directory, there are only some short-cuts and uninstaller. I looked under start and IBM WebShpere, and there are only 3 short-cuts that don't work either. Obviously nothing got installed.
>
> The attached file maybe the installtion log (i found it under my user account folder) and it is a bit longer. The time seems to correspond to the time i attempted the installation.
>
> There is another short file also under my user account folder (wasce_install_sysout.???-i don't know extension) which may be revelevant:
>
> {code}
> Using GERONIMO_BASE: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServerCommunityEdition
> Using GERONIMO_HOME: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServerCommunityEdition
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
> Using JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\jre
> Error: Unable to connect to server at deployer:geronimo:jmx --
> Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
> javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
> java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost;
> nested exception is:

Any firewall or permissions problem?