WS AdminServer not starting

1 view

shdw...@my-deja.com

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
It seems like everyone is having or has had this problem. I recently
installed WS Commerce Suite and everything works with the exception of
the IBM WS AdminServer Service. It will not start. When it tries to
start, it hangs. I've tried everything that I can think of, but
nothing works. There is an IBM support document that very accurately
describes my problem, but for a different platform. That document
reference number is: 8625688100790F66

The platform I'm trying to get this to work on is Windows NT 4SP4. Any
help would be appreciated.

-Jon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

shdw...@my-deja.com

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
I forgot, heres the first few errors from my tracefile:

335.094 124fad AdminServer F Encountered an exception in the main
method java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is:
com.ibm.ejs.EJSException: Could not register with Location
Service Daemon; nested exception is:
java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA COMM_FAILURE 3 No; nested
exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: minor code: 3 completed: No
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeOrb
(ManagedServer.java:604)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime
(ManagedServer.java:374)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime
(AdminServer.java:854)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:301)
----- Begin backtrace for detail
com.ibm.ejs.EJSException: Could not register with Location Service
Daemon; nested exception is:
java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA COMM_FAILURE 3 No; nested
exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: minor code: 3 completed: No
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.register
(LocationService.java:145)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSServerORBImpl.<init>
(EJSServerORBImpl.java:118)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORB.init(EJSORB.java:323)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeOrb
(ManagedServer.java:600)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime
(ManagedServer.java:374)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime
(AdminServer.java:854)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:301)

jr...@my-deja.com

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
Hi all,
Loosk like it is a common problem.
I installed IBM JDK1.1.8, IBM HTTP Server, DB@
with fixpack2 and then Websphere Appserver.
When i try starting the IBM WS AdminServer I am
getting Dr.Watson error and he D Watson window
says it is on Java.exe. Did anyone experience
this before?
I have NT4.0 with service pack 6.
Any help appreciated
Jagan