RMI Client fails to ND WAS Server V5.0.2

John Smith

Jun 23, 2004, 5:06:43 AM6/23/04
Hi All,

I have a RMI Client that works on WAS Base Edition, but fails on a Network
Deployment Edition server.

My client is running from my desktop within WSAD V5.1.0 pointing to a ND WAS
V5.0.2 server.

I've read from one of the IBM Tech Notes that I need to change how I look up
the EJB in the JNDI server if I'm using a remote server, but it did not have
anything specific for ND vs Base edition.

Here's my source code:
java.util.Hashtable namingProps = new java.util.Hashtable();

namingProps.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL,"iiop://10.10.88.211:2809"
);

namingProps.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.ibm.websph
ere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory");
namingProps.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION,"simple");

InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(namingProps);

// old way Object objRef = ic.lookup("ejb/MyTransactionSessionBean");
Object objRef =
ic.lookup("cell/nodes/BND2398/servers/testserver/ejb/MyTransactionSessionBea
n");

It throws an exception on the ic.lookup() method call.

Can someone please confirm what the difference would be when performing the
lookup() on a Base Edition vs a Network Deployment Edition?

Thanks,
-John

John Smith

Jun 23, 2004, 6:38:59 AM6/23/04
I forgot to add the exception message... here it is:

Naming Exception javax.naming.NamingException: Error during resolve [Root
exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
Trace from server: 298002686 at host BND2398 >>
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: purge_calls:1197reason=1 state=5 minor code:
4942F306 completed: Maybe
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.purge_calls(Connection.java:1196)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doReaderWorkOnce(Connection.java:2462)
at com.ibm.rmi.transport.ReaderThread.run(ReaderPoolImpl.java:138)
<< END server: 298002686 at host BND2398

"John Smith" <jsm...@aol.com> wrote in message

harish_123

Feb 11, 2005, 11:58:50 AM2/11/05

does any have clue of how to solve this problem..

Thanx
harish
pal...@gmail.com

--