WebSphere 3.02 DataSource and AS/400

Martin

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
My WebSphere version is 3.02 and I use IBM ToolBox(JDBC Driver) to connect
AS/400. And I use DataSource. But the bytecode data can not update to
AS/400. Chinese character is bytecode and I can not update the data to
AS/400 by using DataSource. Who can tell me why?

Martin Chen

Michael Burke

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Martin,

Would you please be more specific. Are you receiving an error (i.e.:
SQLException) when you attempt to update you data using the Toolbox JDBC
driver? Would you please describe this scenario in more detail?

- Mike

Martin

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Hello Mike,
Thanks for yor reply.
My WAS version is 3.02 on NT , and I use DataSource to connect AS/400 , and
I use IBM ToolBox JDBC Driver.
When I update data consisting of chinese characters to AS/400, the update is
failed, and there is no any error message on WAS ande on AS/400. But the
same Java code to connect AS/400 without using DataSource, it's ok. And the
same Java Code on WAS 2.03 to connect AS/400 using connection management,
it's also ok.
Is this the problem of WAS version 3.02 DataSource or TollBox JDBC Driver?

Martin Chen , Taiwan

Michael Burke

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Martin,

Have you checked your stdout.txt and stderr.txt log files for your application
server on NT? I'd expect an SQLException and/or a rollback exception if the
update failed for some reason. Another thing to try would be to enable tracing
on the Toolbox driver. To do this add the following to the database name
property for the data source:

trace=true

For example:

MYAS400;prompt=false;trace=true

The output of the trace should be written to the stdout.txt log file for your
application server.

- Mike

Martin

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Dear Mike,
I have tried according to what you said, but I can not find these two log
files stdout.txt and stderr.txt on my AP server.
The following is what I have done, would you pls check my step.
I open the WAS Administrator's Console, in Types tab I create a data source,
the datasource name is WEBTEST170C, the database name is
192.168.1.101;prompt=false;trace=true , and the JDBCDriver is AS400ToolBox.
And I run my application to update data to AS/400, then I try to find these
two log files, there is no these files.
Could you tell me where the problem is?

Martin

Martin

Jul 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/3/00
My WAS version is 3.02 on NT , and I use DataSource to connect AS/400 , and
I use IBM ToolBox JDBC Driver.
When I update data consisting of chinese characters to AS/400, the update is
failed, and there is no any error message on WAS ande on AS/400. But the
same Java code to connect AS/400 without using DataSource, it's ok. And the
same Java Code on WAS 2.03 to connect AS/400 using connection management,
it's also ok.
Is this the problem of WAS version 3.02 DataSource or TollBox JDBC Driver?

And I checked these two files stdout.log and stdeer.log , the file
stdout.log shows
the message "Internal drever error". Is this the problem of JDBC driver in
updating
doublebyte data ? The following is the message of stdout.log.

file://********************************************************************
Instantiate: asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U
685.005 185cdd ServletInstan A Loading.servlet:."asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U"
685.126 185cdd WebGroup A [Servlet.LOG]:."asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U:
init"
685.126 185cdd ServletInstan A
Servlet.available.for.service:."asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U"
as400: Connection AS170: Auto commit = "true".
as400: Connection AS170: Auto commit = "true".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003 open.
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Escape processing = "true".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Fetch direction = "1000".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Fetch size = "0".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Max field size = "0".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Max rows = "0".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Query timeout = "0".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Result set conncurrency = "1007".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Result set type = "1003".
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Prepared STMT0003* [INSERT INTO ASAZPF
AZ01, AZ02, AZ03, AZ04, AZ05, AZ97, AZ98, AZ99 ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ? )].
as400: Prepared statement STMT0003: Query timeout = "0".
SQLException: SQLState(HY000) vendor code(-99999)
java.sql.SQLException: Internal driver error.
at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:296)
at com.ibm.as400.access.SQLChar.convertToRawBytes(SQLChar.java:162)
at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.commonExecuteBefore(AS400JDB
CPreparedStatement.java:466)
at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.commonExecute(AS400JDBCStatement.jav
a:510)
at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.execute(AS400JDBCPreparedSta
tement.java:587)
at
com.ibm.ejs.dbm.sql.PreparedStatementImpl.execute(PreparedStatementImpl.java
:122)
at com.ibm.db.base.DatabaseResultTable.execute(DatabaseResultTable.java)
at com.ibm.db.SQLStatement.execute(SQLStatement.java)
at asgard.demo.dbbean.ASAZu.execute(ASAZu.java:84)
at asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U.performTask(ASM110U.java:131)
at asgard.demo.sbs1.ASM110U.doPost(ASM110U.java:78)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:566)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:639)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:557)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:160)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:287)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:105)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:34
9)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:705)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:631)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebApp.java:1129)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebApp.java:1
001)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebApp.java:96
0)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:172
)
[...]
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebGroup.java:
681)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:139)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:300)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp$ServiceRunnable.run(SQ
EventListenerImp.java:230)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp.notifySQEvent(SQEventL
istenerImp.java:104)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQEventSource.notifyEvent(SQE
ventSource.java:202)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRu
nnable.notifyService(SQWrapperEventSource.java:347)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRu
nnable.run(SQWrapperEventSource.java:216)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.OutOfProcThread$CtlRunnable.run
(OutOfProcThread.java:248)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:472)
資料庫管理程式發生錯誤。
SQL State: HY000
Internal driver error.
//**********************************************************************

Martin Chen , Taiwan

Martin

Jul 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/3/00
My WAS version is 3.02 on NT , and I use DataSource to connect AS/400 , and
I use IBM ToolBox JDBC Driver.
When I update data consisting of chinese characters to AS/400, the update is
failed, and there is no any error message on WAS ande on AS/400. But the
same Java code to connect AS/400 without using DataSource, it's ok. And the
same Java Code on WAS 2.03 to connect AS/400 using connection management,
it's also ok.
Is this the problem of WAS version 3.02 DataSource or TollBox JDBC Driver?

I hava checked these tow files stdout.log and stderr.log , and the file
stdout.log shows
the message "Internal driver error". Is this the problem of JDBC driver in

updating
doublebyte data ? The following is the message of stdout.log.

Martin Chen , Taiwan

Michael Burke

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Martin,

Will you please provide me with the version of OS/400 are you running?
Additionally, will you provide me with the PTF #'s that are currently installed
for the Toolbox licensed program (i.e.: 5769JC1 or the equivalent on your
system)? SF61800 is the latest Mod2 Toolbox PTF and is one of our prerequisites
for using the Toolbox JDBC driver with WebSphere 3.0.2.x.

In the meantime, I will run this trace by one of the Toolbox driver developers.

- Mike

Michael Burke

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Martin,

I have just confirmed that JC1 PTF SF61800 should contain a fix for the problem that
you described.

- Mike

Martin

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Oh Dear Mike,
You are my helper! Recently, I don't know how to solve the problem and is
very sad. If WAS3.02 can not update chinese character, it just looks like a
garbage. I ask Taiwan IBM , but the answer is "they haven't met the problem
!!".
Thanks for your help! And can you tell me how I should do now, to download
something FixPack or else ?
My boss says that he wants to thank you for your help! Can you leave your
email address that I can contact with you.
Thanks again!
Sincerly

Martin Chen, Taiwan

Michael Burke

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Martin,

The Toolbox service pack can be downloaded from the following site:

http://www.as400.ibm.com/toolbox/servicepacks.htm

This site also contains instructions for installing the fixpack.

Thank you,

- Mike

mrb...@us.ibm.com

Michael Burke

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
You can also order the PTF through IBM AS/400 service.

- Mike

Michael Burke wrote:

> Martin,

Martin

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Dear Mike,
My AS/400 version is V4R4, and the web site says that For V4R3 and later, no
PTF is required.
So, I can not do anything for my AS/400 ? Oh, no !! Is there any bug in
ToolBox JDBC Driver?
Thanks for your help

Martin Chen , Taiwan

Michael Burke

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Martin,

The Toolbox versioning is different than the OS/400 version you are running.
The version of the Toolbox that is shipped in OS/400 V4R4 is V4R2M0 (Mod2);
hence, you will need to download or order PTF SF61800 (dated 04/04/00 in the
table on the Toolbox service page):

http://www.as400.ibm.com/toolbox/servicepacks.htm

Sorry for the confusion,

- Mike

Martin

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00
Mike,
Thanks very much! I have solved the problem. You are right , it's the
problem of ToolBox version .
Thanks again!

Martin