Error 2140 starting NT service?

1 view

Ken Yee

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
I haven't seen the symptom below posted yet for all the
other cryptic 2140 errors on starting the IBM WS Admin service.
I'm running:
JDK 1.2.2 and J2EE 1.2
WAS 3.02
DB6.1 Fixpack 2
NT4 SP5
built-in WAS webserver

Running adminserver.bat, I get this cryptic error:

[j:\win32app\websphere\bin\debug]adminserver.bat
sun/io/ObjectInputStreamDelegate
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java, C
ompiled Code)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
at
javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:64)

at
com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.init(LocationService
Daemon.java:288)
at
com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.<init>(LocationServi
ceDaemon.java:268)
at
com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.initServer(LocationService.java:118)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeLocationService(Managed
Server.java:567)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime(ManagedServer.j
ava:372)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:
843)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:299)

Any clues at to what this means? Do you have to run with
the 1.1.7 JSDK included w/ WAS 3.0?? I find this hard to
believe :-(

thanks,

ken

Aravind Naidu

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
WAS is extremely sensitive to the JDK. Don't ask me why, but it is.

Use the JDK IBM recommends which I think is 1.1.7p . We have had a myraid
of problems with WAS on all platforms with JDK versions.

If you stick to the recommended JDK as listed on the IBM web site you will
be ok. That at least is the first step in solving your problem.

I am having a lot of fun and games with multiple JDK's on my machines for
integrating multiple products. Sigh!!!

-- Aravind

Ken Yee <ken...@zdnetmail.com> wrote in message

Bruno Conductier

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
to Ken Yee
You can't have a JDK 1.2 on your machine use instead the IBM
JDK 1.1.7

Check this document for some clues on the install process :

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/doc/v302/install/nt_adv_db2.html

Bruno

Ken Yee wrote:

> I haven't seen the symptom below posted yet for all the
> other cryptic 2140 errors on starting the IBM WS Admin service.
> I'm running:
> JDK 1.2.2 and J2EE 1.2
> WAS 3.02
> DB6.1 Fixpack 2
> NT4 SP5
> built-in WAS webserver
>
> Running adminserver.bat, I get this cryptic error:

Ken Yee

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
Aravind Naidu <aravin...@equalitygroup.com> wrote in
<87jmar$f9u$1...@news.software.ibm.com>:

>WAS is extremely sensitive to the JDK. Don't ask me why, but it is.
>Use the JDK IBM recommends which I think is 1.1.7p . We have had a myraid
>of problems with WAS on all platforms with JDK versions.

Not only that, but you have to use IBM's JDK. I got 1.1.8p
to work. I was also using WAS 3.00 (not 3.02).

I tried 3.02 w/ Sun's JDK 1.2.2 and got this:
==========================

org/omg/stub/java/rmi
/_Remote_Stub
at
javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:54)

at
com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.init(LocationService
Daemon.java:288)
at
com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.<init>(LocationServi
ceDaemon.java:268)
at
com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.initServer(LocationService.java:118)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeLocationService(Managed
Server.java:567)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime(ManagedServer.j
ava:372)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:

854)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:301)
==============================

And I thought Java was always backwards compatible :-P
Sun just released 1.3 RC1. I kinda think that won't
work either :-(
Any idea when IBM will have a patch for WAS to work
w/ JDK 1.3?

ken

WORA

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
Hi Ken

You'll have to wait to WebSphere 3.5. This new release will use JDK 1.2
(I suppose IBM JDK 1.2), but until then you´ll have to use IBM JDK
1.1.7p

bye
Alfonso

In article <87j20l$rf8$1...@news.software.ibm.com>,

Ken Yee <ken...@zdnetmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen the symptom below posted yet for all the
> other cryptic 2140 errors on starting the IBM WS Admin service.
> I'm running:
> JDK 1.2.2 and J2EE 1.2
> WAS 3.02
> DB6.1 Fixpack 2
> NT4 SP5
> built-in WAS webserver
>
> Running adminserver.bat, I get this cryptic error:
>

> [j:\win32app\websphere\bin\debug]adminserver.bat

> at
> com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.init(LocationService
> Daemon.java:288)
> at
> com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.<init>(LocationServi
> ceDaemon.java:268)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.initServer(LocationService.java:118)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeLocationService(Managed
> Server.java:567)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime(ManagedServer.j
> ava:372)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:

> 843)
> at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main
(AdminServer.java:299)

> Any clues at to what this means? Do you have to run with
> the 1.1.7 JSDK included w/ WAS 3.0?? I find this hard to
> believe :-(
>
> thanks,
>
> ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Aravind Naidu

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
Wait till the July timeframe when WAS 3.5 will be released. Will have Java2
support.

> Aravind Naidu <aravin...@equalitygroup.com> wrote in
> <87jmar$f9u$1...@news.software.ibm.com>:
>
> >WAS is extremely sensitive to the JDK. Don't ask me why, but it is.
> >Use the JDK IBM recommends which I think is 1.1.7p . We have had a
myraid
> >of problems with WAS on all platforms with JDK versions.
>
> Not only that, but you have to use IBM's JDK. I got 1.1.8p
> to work. I was also using WAS 3.00 (not 3.02).
>
> I tried 3.02 w/ Sun's JDK 1.2.2 and got this:
> ==========================

> org/omg/stub/java/rmi
> /_Remote_Stub
> at
> javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:54)
>

> at
> com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.init(LocationService
> Daemon.java:288)
> at
> com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.<init>(LocationServi
> ceDaemon.java:268)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.initServer(LocationService.java:118)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeLocationService(Managed
> Server.java:567)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime(ManagedServer.j
> ava:372)
> at
> com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:

John Luo

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
Is WebSphere 3.5 in beta now?

John
WORA <alfons...@ieci.es> wrote in message

> Hi Ken
>
> You'll have to wait to WebSphere 3.5. This new release will use JDK 1.2
> (I suppose IBM JDK 1.2), but until then you´ll have to use IBM JDK
> 1.1.7p
>
> bye
> Alfonso
>
> In article <87j20l$rf8$1...@news.software.ibm.com>,
> Ken Yee <ken...@zdnetmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't seen the symptom below posted yet for all the
> > other cryptic 2140 errors on starting the IBM WS Admin service.
> > I'm running:
> > JDK 1.2.2 and J2EE 1.2
> > WAS 3.02
> > DB6.1 Fixpack 2
> > NT4 SP5
> > built-in WAS webserver
> >
> > Running adminserver.bat, I get this cryptic error:
> >
> > [j:\win32app\websphere\bin\debug]adminserver.bat

> > at
> > com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.init(LocationService
> > Daemon.java:288)
> > at
> > com.ibm.CORBA.services.lsd.LocationServiceDaemon.<init>(LocationServi
> > ceDaemon.java:268)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ejs.oa.LocationService.initServer(LocationService.java:118)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeLocationService(Managed
> > Server.java:567)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.ManagedServer.initializeRuntime(ManagedServer.j
> > ava:372)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:

Paul Ilechko

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 05:06:36 -0600, "John Luo"
<john...@cpa.state.tx.us> wrote:

>Is WebSphere 3.5 in beta now?

No, its a couple of months away. There probably wont be a public beta,
I think it will be a controlled beta with a small number of customers.