Classloader exception in websphere v6.1

pierre-emma...@lloydspharmacy.co.uk

Feb 8, 2008, 3:46:22 AM2/8/08
Hi<br />
I am trying to deploy Mule ESB as a RAR in Websphere6.1. I received the following exception when deploying the ear file:<br />
Caused by: org.mule.umo.model.ModelException: Failed to connect listener WebsphereTransactedJmsMessageReceiver{this=74396794, receiverKey=jmsToJms~PM.IN, endpoint=jms://PM.IN} for endpoint endpoint.jms.PM.IN<br />
at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.connectListeners(AbstractComponent.java:621)<br />
at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.start(AbstractComponent.java:213)<br />
at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.start(AbstractComponent.java:192)<br />
at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractModel.start(AbstractModel.java:325)<br />
at org.mule.MuleManager.start(MuleManager.java:892)<br />
at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:282)<br />
... 43 more<br />
Caused by: org.mule.providers.FatalConnectException: ReconnectStrategy "org.mule.providers.SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy" failed to reconnect receiver on endpoint "jms://PM.IN"<br />
at org.mule.providers.SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.doConnect(SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.java:29)<br />
at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnectionStrategy.connect(AbstractConnectionStrategy.java:97)<br />
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.connect(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:403)<br />
at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.connectListeners(AbstractComponent.java:617)<br />
... 48 more<br />
Caused by: org.mule.providers.ConnectException: Initialisation Failure: interface org.mule.transaction.XaTransaction$MuleXaObject is not visible from class loader<br />
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.connect(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:432)<br />
at org.mule.providers.SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.doConnect(SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.java:25)<br />
... 51 more<br />
at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Proxy.java:357)<br />
at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:581)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.xa.ConnectionInvocationHandler.invoke(ConnectionInvocationHandler.java:70)<br />
at $Proxy0.createQueueSession(Unknown Source)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.Jms102bSupport.createSession(Jms102bSupport.java:105)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.JmsConnector.getSession(JmsConnector.java:477)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.JmsConnector.getSession(JmsConnector.java:449)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.XaTransactedJmsMessageReceiver.createConsumer(XaTransactedJmsMessageReceiver.java:327)<br />
at org.mule.providers.jms.websphere.WebsphereTransactedJmsMessageReceiver.doConnect(WebsphereTransactedJmsMessageReceiver.java:33)<br />
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.connect(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:411)<br />
... 52 more<br />
The important part in this stack track is the following message: interface org.mule.transaction.XaTransaction$MuleXaObject is not visible from class loader<br />
MuleXaObject is a public static interface declared inside XaTransaction class.<br />
I have checked the classpath and this class is in a jar file in the ear file. I have configured the dependencies in RAD too.<br />
What is the cause of this problem?<br />
Many thanks<br />
Pierre

Ken Hygh

Feb 8, 2008, 5:34:25 AM2/8/08
pierre-emma...@lloydspharmacy.co.uk wrote:
> Hi

> I am trying to deploy Mule ESB as a RAR in Websphere6.1. I received the following exception when deploying the ear file:

[snip]

> The important part in this stack track is the following message: interface org.mule.transaction.XaTransaction$MuleXaObject is not visible from class loader
>
> MuleXaObject is a public static interface declared inside XaTransaction class.
>
> I have checked the classpath and this class is in a jar file in the ear file. I have configured the dependencies in RAD too.
>
> What is the cause of this problem?
>
> Many thanks
> Pierre

It could be that Mule doesn't want to be in the WAR's classloader. Try
making a shared library with its jar and adding that shared library to
the application server.

Ken

pierre-emma...@lloydspharmacy.co.uk

Feb 11, 2008, 4:30:51 AM2/11/08
Hi Ken<br />
Thanks for your quick answer.<br />
I looked at the WAS documentation on how to create shared libraries. I tried to add the shared library to the ear at deployment time (using the console), I tried to link the shared library to the serve too but without any success.<br />
The server can't find the shared library. Can you point me to a good example on how to use shared library please?<br />
Thanks a lot<br />
Pierre

Ken Hygh

Feb 11, 2008, 6:06:54 AM2/11/08
There's always the InfoCenter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp

then search on 'shared library'.

Ken

pierre-emma...@lloydspharmacy.co.uk

Feb 11, 2008, 8:43:41 AM2/11/08
Hi Ken<br />
Thanks for the link. Although, I have followed those instructions and it doesn't work. I receive the following exception when I deploy the ear file:<br />
org.mule.ra.MuleResourceAdapter is in a jar file specified in my shared library. It seems that WAS doesn't associated the shared library with my ear file. I have tried to link my shared library with the server classloader or at deployment time or in the deployment descriptor of my application but I always get the same error.<br />
I also tried to deploy my RAR as a Resource Adapter but no luck either.<br />
My EAR file only contains a RAR module, no WAR or EJB module, but I don't think this would be a problem...<br />
Is there a specific configuration for RAR file embedded in EAR file to use shared library? Can you point to an simple example/tutorial?<br />
Any help/clues would be very much appreciated!<br />

Ken Hygh

Feb 11, 2008, 6:12:55 PM2/11/08
> [...]

> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:595)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.J2CAppUtils.getDefinedClass(J2CAppUtils.java:343)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.component.InstallRAHelper.loadBeanPropertyWithType(InstallRAHelper.java:226)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.component.InstallRAHelper.loadBeanProperty(InstallRAHelper.java:216)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.component.AdminOperationsMBean.createJ2C15ResourceAdapter(AdminOperationsMBean.java:1174)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.component.AdminOperationsMBean.createJ2C15ResourceAdapter(AdminOperationsMBean.java:1091)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.component.InstallRAHelper.createJ2C15ResourceAdapterForApp(InstallRAHelper.java:688)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.createJ2CRAForConnectorModule(ConfigureTask.java:1801)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.createRARModuleDeployment(ConfigureTask.java:1717)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.createMD(ConfigureTask.java:1638)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.createMDsIfNeeded(ConfigureTask.java:1350)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.reconcileModuleDeployment(ConfigureTask.java:1255)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigureTask.performTask(ConfigureTask.java:276)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.SchedulerImpl.run(SchedulerImpl.java:262)
> 11/02/08 13:34:51:178 GMT 00000035 SystemErr R at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)

> org.mule.ra.MuleResourceAdapter is in a jar file specified in my shared library. It seems that WAS doesn't associated the shared library with my ear file. I have tried to link my shared library with the server classloader or at deployment time or in the deployment descriptor of my application but I always get the same error.
>
> I also tried to deploy my RAR as a Resource Adapter but no luck either.
>
> My EAR file only contains a RAR module, no WAR or EJB module, but I don't think this would be a problem...
>
> Is there a specific configuration for RAR file embedded in EAR file to use shared library? Can you point to an simple example/tutorial?
>
> Any help/clues would be very much appreciated!

I believe there's a difference between deployment and runtime classpath.
If no one else chimes in here, you probably should open a PMR with IBM.
Ken