_EJSWrapper_Stub CastException when republishing new changes

xbir...@hotmail.com

Aug 31, 2008, 9:46:22 PM8/31/08
I have an EJB application and after I update some code in an EJB and then publish to the damn websphere, the following exception is thrown when running the application:
java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot cast class com.ibm.ejs.container._EJSWrapper_Stub to interface com.myejbpackage.ejbs.usermanagement.UserManagementServiceHome
at com.ibm.rmi.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:396)
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:156)
at com.myejbpackage.ejbs.EjbHomeFactory.createInstance(EjbHomeFactory.java:28)
at com.myejbpackage.ejbs.StatelessSessionBeanFactory.createInstance(StatelessSessionBeanFactory.java:16)
at com.myejbpackage.ejbs.usermanagement.UserManagementServiceFactory.createInstance(UserManagementServiceFactory.java:16)
at com.myejbclient.LoginFrame.(LoginFrame.java:74)
at com.myejbclient.client.login.LoginFrame.login(LoginFrame.java:182)
at com.myejbclient.client.Main.main(Main.java:90)

I'm using Websphere 6.0 in RAD 7.0. My projects are wrapped in an EAR file which is built up my joining all the related projects. The Projects are synchronized with the Server but I unchecked the "Automatic Publish" so I can manage when it publish. I tried by deleting all the auto-generated files as EJS*.java and _EJ*.java to let websphere regenerate them again with the new changes.

can anyone help me on this?

Randy Schnier

Sep 1, 2008, 2:02:15 PM9/1/08
For what it's worth, _EJSWrapper_Stub should never be getting used by any code in WebSphere. It's generated by RMIC in the JDK, only because RMIC generates stub classes for any and all parent interfaces of the interface it's being asked to generate a stub for (specifically your EJB remote interface). But nothing in WebSphere (should be) attempting to ever use this Stub. Sounds like perhaps a bug in RAD publish; if you are able to, you may want to open a PMR against RAD for this.

- Randy