Java Exception

Rupali

Apr 26, 2007, 6:37:19 PM4/26/07
Hello,

I have installed Websphere 6.0.2.0. it has java version 1.5.0_07.It gives me the following exception when I try to construct a Url object containing https

/local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:544)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
at TestUrl.main(TestUrl.java:27)

Any idea, if this restricted to the particular java version.

Thanks
Rupali

Rupali

Apr 26, 2007, 7:48:48 PM4/26/07
OK I checked the JAVA_HOME variable in the admin console it says

/local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java.

when I do /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java -version it says
java version "1.4.2_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (IBM build 1.4.2_08-b03 20050517)
IBM Java ORB build orb142-20050429
XML build XSLT4J Java 2.6.5
XML build XmlCommonsExternal 1.2.04
XML build XML4J 4.3.4

If I execute the same class using the command

/local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl
I get the same exception.

Paul Ilechko

Apr 26, 2007, 8:45:01 PM4/26/07

Are you trying to do this in a standalone java program? And if so, what
does your question have to do with WebSphere ? I suggest that you read
up on JSSE.

Rupali

Apr 26, 2007, 11:32:14 PM4/26/07
Well the original code was part of a web application installed on websphere.
I just could not figure out why it was throwing this exception.

So i created a small program containing just the code which throws the exception.
I then compiled it with the java which comes with websphere and tried executing it.

And I still see the excpetion. Isn't JSSE part of Java 1.4. Or do I need to configure something.

Thanks
Rupali

Paul Ilechko

Apr 27, 2007, 2:08:34 AM4/27/07

No, you need to configure something. However, solving the problem for a
standalone java program will do very little to help you solve the
problem for WebSphere. I suggest you search developerworks for Keys
Botzum's article on JSSE in WAS.