Re: WAS Struts Classloader Problem

1 view

kgcounts

Aug 17, 2004, 10:42:27 AM8/17/04

Hello! We are having issues with trying to deploy a Web application on a
WAS 5.1.1 server. We are working with a third party application that
is deployed in 2 EAR files and deploying ours in a third EAR File. The
third party application is set up and they will only support using a
SINGLE classloader.
The problem seems to be that our application is a Struts 1.1
application and the WAS admin console is a Struts 1.0 application.
We end up getting the following error when trying to access the Struts
portion of our application:

Error creating Action instance for path '/searchResultsHO', class name
'com.ouraaa.struts.actions.ho.search.SearchResultsHOAction':
java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
com/ouraaa/struts/actions/ho/search/SearchResultsHOAction, method:
loadSearchResults signature:
(Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping;Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForm;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForwa
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1632)
Thanks!

--
kgcounts

Henrik Sjostrand

Aug 18, 2004, 6:02:45 PM8/18/04
kgcounts <kgcount...@mail.webservertalk.com> wrote in message news:<kgcount...@mail.webservertalk.com>...

> Hello! We are having issues with trying to deploy a Web application on a
> WAS 5.1.1 server. We are working with a third party application that
> is deployed in 2 EAR files and deploying ours in a third EAR File. The
> third party application is set up and they will only support using a
> SINGLE classloader.
> The problem seems to be that our application is a Struts 1.1
> application and the WAS admin console is a Struts 1.0 application.
> We end up getting the following error when trying to access the Struts
> portion of our application:
>
> Error creating Action instance for path '/searchResultsHO', class name
> 'com.ouraaa.struts.actions.ho.search.SearchResultsHOAction':
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> com/ouraaa/struts/actions/ho/search/SearchResultsHOAction, method:
> loadSearchResults signature:
> (Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping;Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForm;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForwa
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1632)
> Thanks!

Create a new app server (jvm) and deploy your application to it. Then
it will not interfere with the admin console (running in server1).
Multiple app servers require WAS Network Deployment edition.

/Henrik Sjöstrand

Henrik Sjostrand

Aug 18, 2004, 6:02:51 PM8/18/04
> Hello! We are having issues with trying to deploy a Web application on a
> WAS 5.1.1 server. We are working with a third party application that
> is deployed in 2 EAR files and deploying ours in a third EAR File. The
> third party application is set up and they will only support using a
> SINGLE classloader.
> The problem seems to be that our application is a Struts 1.1
> application and the WAS admin console is a Struts 1.0 application.
> We end up getting the following error when trying to access the Struts
> portion of our application:
>
> Error creating Action instance for path '/searchResultsHO', class name
> 'com.ouraaa.struts.actions.ho.search.SearchResultsHOAction':
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> com/ouraaa/struts/actions/ho/search/SearchResultsHOAction, method:
> loadSearchResults signature:
> (Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping;Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForm;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForwa
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1632)
> Thanks!

Create a new app server (jvm) and deploy your application to it. Then

Henrik Sjostrand

Aug 18, 2004, 6:02:51 PM8/18/04
> Hello! We are having issues with trying to deploy a Web application on a
> WAS 5.1.1 server. We are working with a third party application that
> is deployed in 2 EAR files and deploying ours in a third EAR File. The
> third party application is set up and they will only support using a
> SINGLE classloader.
> The problem seems to be that our application is a Struts 1.1
> application and the WAS admin console is a Struts 1.0 application.
> We end up getting the following error when trying to access the Struts
> portion of our application:
>
> Error creating Action instance for path '/searchResultsHO', class name
> 'com.ouraaa.struts.actions.ho.search.SearchResultsHOAction':
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> com/ouraaa/struts/actions/ho/search/SearchResultsHOAction, method:
> loadSearchResults signature:
> (Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping;Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForm;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForwa
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1632)
> Thanks!

Create a new app server (jvm) and deploy your application to it. Then

Henrik Sjostrand

Aug 18, 2004, 6:02:55 PM8/18/04
> Hello! We are having issues with trying to deploy a Web application on a
> WAS 5.1.1 server. We are working with a third party application that
> is deployed in 2 EAR files and deploying ours in a third EAR File. The
> third party application is set up and they will only support using a
> SINGLE classloader.
> The problem seems to be that our application is a Struts 1.1
> application and the WAS admin console is a Struts 1.0 application.
> We end up getting the following error when trying to access the Struts
> portion of our application:
>
> Error creating Action instance for path '/searchResultsHO', class name
> 'com.ouraaa.struts.actions.ho.search.SearchResultsHOAction':
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> com/ouraaa/struts/actions/ho/search/SearchResultsHOAction, method:
> loadSearchResults signature:
> (Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping;Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForm;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionForwa
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1632)
> Thanks!

Create a new app server (jvm) and deploy your application to it. Then

Shrikant

Aug 19, 2004, 4:12:48 AM8/19/04

I had the similar problem with Websphere5.1.0.0. Later on i came to
know that we need to use Shared Libraries feature for this problem. But
this feature was not working in 5.1.0.0 version. I installed a
cumulative fix for this base version of application server. The
cumulative fix for 5.1.0.0 is 'was510_cf3_win.zip' file. Please check
whether 5.1.1.0 version whethere it is supporting the Shared library
features.

The solution to this problem is to use the 'Shared Libraries' feature
of websphere to point all the thirdparty jars. Here are the simple
steps.
1. Create a new Folder in your harddisk.
2. Copy all the dependency or third party jar files to this directory.
3. Create a new 'Shared Libraries' under...Environment->Shared
Libraries.
4. Associate this newly created Shared library to respective Web
Application thru...Applications->Enterprise Applications-><Your Web
Application> ->Libraries link.

Otherwise refer Websphere documentation to create new Shared Libraries
and associating them to Web Applications.

Please try above stuff and post the updates.

Cheers,
Shrikant

--
Shrikant

kgcounts

Aug 20, 2004, 9:59:12 AM8/20/04

I am confused! My problem is that the WebShere Admin console and the
Struts application are trying to share the struts.jar, but they are
written using different versions of that jar file. Is it that creating
a Shared Library will cause the struts applications not to share the
struts jars?

As a work around, we aren't using the admin console on development
machines. Our Dev server is set up with multiple servers. One of the
servers is dedicated to the admin console and another server is running
the Web application.

--
kgcounts