JSF 1.2 and websphere 6.1

jean-beno...@cdm.lu

Oct 10, 2007, 5:45:34 AM10/10/07
Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to JSF and I would like to know if it is possible to use JSF 1.2 under websphere 6.1. What I want to do is to use SUN 1.2 implementation.
Thanks for your response.

Tenanijebo

jean-beno...@cdm.lu

Oct 11, 2007, 7:31:29 AM10/11/07
Ok finally I did it work..
I am now able to run the last versions of JSF + JSF-SPRING + SPRING and that rocks....

Ben_

Oct 11, 2007, 12:22:29 PM10/11/07
If there are pitfalls, readers and future readers might be thankful if you
share details.

jean-beno...@cdm.lu

Oct 12, 2007, 2:55:20 AM10/12/07
It is just about classloader issues.
You have to inculde all necessaries jar files in your web module /WEB-INF/lib and change the classloader policy to PARENT_LAST (at least at the web modulel level). That is all.

Tenanijbo

andy...@yahoo.com

Dec 6, 2007, 9:20:26 AM12/6/07
Hi Tenanijebo,<br />
Can you post here the list of jar files you used in your deployment, please ?<br />
I tried the same as you, but my pages are blank and in the console I have this message: "WebExtensionP W Servlet Faces Servlet is currently unavailable: SRVE0201E: Servlet <a class="jive-link-external" href="http://javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet">http://javax.faces.webapp.FacesSe rvlet</a>: not a servlet class"<br />
Thanks a lot,<br />
Andy

eric.mi...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2007, 11:59:18 AM12/20/07
I was getting that exception as well. It turned out that I was bundling servlet-2.5.jar in my ear. Once that was removed, I moved on to an UnsupportedOperation exception from jsf-impl-1.2_04-b10-p1 initialization that I was unable to resolve. <br />
I have had success with myfaces 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT (the snapshot now supports jsp 2.0 like sun's jsf ri).

flavi...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2008, 11:34:19 PM1/27/08
I am trying to use jsf 1.2 with facelets on was 6.1. In fact I dream about using JSF 1.2 + Richfaces + Portlets + WSRP + WAS 6.1 (!).
The following tutorial has a good .war archive for that: <a class="jive-link-external" href="http://jsftutorials.net/jsf1.2-and-Facelets.html">http://jsftutorials.net/jsf1.2-and-Facelets.html</a>.
I deployed it on Tomcat 5.5 (servlet 2.4) and it worked well.

When I try to deploy that archive on was 6.1 I get the following exception:

[28/01/08 02:26:35:453 GMT-03:00] 00000024 jsf E <b>com.ibm.ws.jsf.util.FacesConfigUtil parseJSFApplicationConfig</b> Can't parse configuration file:file:/C:/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/stutz2Node01Cell/jsf12KickStart_war.ear/jsf12KickStart.war/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: O documento é inválido: nenhuma gramática encontrada.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)

I already tried to use PARENT_LAST classloader policy on module and RESTRICT SERVER CLASSES on server, but this error is still there.
If you look at the exception, what is strange is that com.ibm.ws.jsf.util.FacesConfigUtil is trying to load faces-config.xml. I don't wan't any ibm classes to look at faces-config! It is a 1.2 faces-config!

What would I do to avoid this problem?

in...@denoo.info

Feb 20, 2008, 3:40:15 PM2/20/08
I finally got it to work and posted a quik desciption on my blog at
blog.denoo.info.
Hope it will help you.