NullPointerException while deploying EJB

TDoan

Jun 7, 2001, 2:00:41 PM6/7/01
I searched through the newsgroup, and found a few topic on this issue, but
didn't really catch any suggestion.

I am deploying an EJB (stateless session) after running it through JetAce.
I got this error msg:

Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:1391)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:278)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:1558)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:720)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:156)
at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:9)
at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(EJBJar.java:119)
at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(EJBJar.java:101)

Any suggestion? I'm using WAS 3.5 AE

Thanks,
Tin

Krithika Venugopal

Jun 12, 2001, 8:35:24 AM6/12/01
"TDoan" <td...@prolifics.com> wrote in message news:<9fofrg$fj2$1...@news.boulder.ibm.com>...

Hi Tin,
I am not sure exactly what triggered the error. But I can suggest some
help.
Please go through Websphere 3.5 Handbook. It is a redbook - sg246161.
The Chapter 11 of this red book explains in detail how to deploy an
EJB using JETACE and Visual Age for Java. I have followed the step and
deployed it from Visual Age for Java and it worked well.

Regards,
Krithika