ORA SQLException from EJBCreate()

John

Nov 8, 2001, 8:16:52 AM11/8/01
I used the persistence tool in VAJ to generate a few entity beans
based on a schema. I deployed them successfully, but when I try a
[BEAN-HOME].create(ID) from a servlet, I receive the following error :

com.ibm.websphere.cpi.CPIException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942:
table or view does not exist
; nested exception is:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1405)
..... etc.

I am aware of the causes of this particuale error ( from Oracle
website ), but the suggested solutions don't seem to apply i.e. I have
checked with th DBA and have been assured that the username and passwd
that I am using with the configured datasource has the correct
priviliges and the fact that the beans are generated from a VAJ built
schema, means that I have not mispelled the table names.
I am pretty sure that the datasource is configured correctly ( I have
tested it using a number of external programs for validity ).

If anybody has any suggestions on a fix or even how I might debug the
beans i.e. find out what SQL is being sent to Oracle by the app
server.

Thanks in advance..................John.

John

Nov 9, 2001, 5:01:58 AM11/9/01
For anybody that hits the same problem, it turns out that when VAJ
generates Entity Beans, it includes the package in the name of the
bean i.e. 'com_company_project_subdir_bean' instead of just 'bean'.
When the deployment code is generated, it trys to map to a table with
the bean name ( in a file called table.ddl - inside deployable EJB Jar
), so if the bean name includes the package, then the table it's
referring to doesn't exist.