wsInstallApp ant task

ccarp...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2007, 7:23:01 AM9/3/07
I've got a WASX7017E error when I launch the wsInstallApp ant task.
com.ibm.websphere.management.filetransfer.client.TransferFailedException: 404 Not Found (for: C:\Temp\app40039.ear).

When I'm looking the c:\Temp directory in runtime I see that it generates this file and then delete it

I'm on win XP and want to install an application to a remote server running on sun solaris. WebSphere version is 6.0.2.15

Thanks for your help

Here the stacktrace :

com.ibm.websphere.management.filetransfer.client.TransferFailedException: 404 Not Found (for: C:\Temp\app53115.ear).
at com.ibm.ws.management.filetransfer.client.FileTransferClientImpl.uploadFileInternal(FileTransferClientImpl.java:559)
at com.ibm.ws.management.filetransfer.client.FileTransferClientImpl.uploadFile(FileTransferClientImpl.java:412)
at com.ibm.ws.management.filetransfer.client.FileTransferClientImpl.uploadFile(FileTransferClientImpl.java:297)
at com.ibm.ws.management.filetransfer.client.FileTransferClientImpl.uploadFile(FileTransferClientImpl.java:175)
at com.ibm.ws.scripting.AdminAppClient.copyToServer(AdminAppClient.java:4693)

Bob C

Sep 3, 2007, 1:15:05 PM9/3/07
I am using WebSphere 6.1.0.2 and have had no luck using the WebSphere ant tasks. I was hoping Websphere would make things as easy as WebLogic makes them -just put the appropriate jar in the classpath and correctly write the Ant tatget. The Websphere ant tasks seem to be buggy and are certainly unreliable.

chris....@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2008, 8:04:49 PM10/2/08
Your problem description sounds identical to the problem that our team solved today. Even though this issue is now a year old, I'd thought I'd post a solution that we found for this.

Our problem was that a few directories were removed somehow from the WebSphere installation. We have no idea how this happened, and because of the extremely small size of our team, we really think that it is a WebSphere bug, and was not caused by a malicious person.

All of the directories under this folder (5 of them or so) - C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\systemApps - were missing. So, basically we took the folders from another install of WebSphere and copied them over into this folder. We then reran our deployment and everything worked.