JSP 1.0 compilation erros using WAS 3.02

Eric Tietz

Jan 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/28/00
After upgrading from WebSphere Application Server V3.0 to V3.02, support for
compiling JSP 1.0 scripts seems to have been broken. JSP 0.91 support wtill
works fine. I've found a workaround by extracting jsp10.jar and
ibmwebas.jar to the X:\WebSphere\AppServer\classes directory. Is there a
better solution, and has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Following is the kind of dump you get without the workaroudn mentionned
above:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: "Unable to load class
com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager"
at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java:74)
at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:38)
at java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.(ClassNotFoundException.java:48)
at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.loadClass(JspLoader.java:126)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:297)
at
d_0003a.WebSphere.AppServer.hosts.d_00025fault_0005fhost._00025efault_0005fa
pp.web.simple1_jsp_1.(simple1_jsp_1.java:25)
at
com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.load(JspServlet.java:83)
at
com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.
java:101)
at
com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:110
)
at
com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:400)
at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:510)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:639)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:557)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:160)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:287)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:105)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:34
9)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:705)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:631)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebApp.java:1129)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebApp.java:1
001)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebApp.java:96
0)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebGroup.java:
681)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:139)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:300)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp$ServiceRunnable.run(SQ
EventListenerImp.java:230)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp.notifySQEvent(SQEventL
istenerImp.java:104)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQEventSource.notifyEvent(SQE
ventSource.java:202)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRu
nnable.notifyService(SQWrapperEventSource.java:347)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRu
nnable.run(SQWrapperEventSource.java:216)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.OutOfProcThread$CtlRunnable.run
(OutOfProcThread.java:248)

Ken Hygh

Jan 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/29/00
Eric,
In x:\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\admin.config, I have x:/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/jsp10.jar in
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminserver.classpath. The ibmwebas.jar is also in there.

Ken

Mike Toohey

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
WAS 3.0 was working fine for me ... I upgraded to WAS 3.0.2 and observed the same problems
with JSP 1.0 compliation. The required jar files were no longer in the admin.config classpath
(as you indicated they should be). I suspect the upgraded wiped out the information ...
perhaps a problem with the length of the record ... please investigate ...

After adding the jar files back on, the compilation works fine

Pat McCarthy

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
Agreed - same problem here - 3.0->3.02 and JSP compile (and what else I wonder) is gone....

I added the jsp10.jar to my classpath - but will probably look at the above techniques instead...

Pat Mc.