java 2 security & mkdirs

1 view

jer...@dijkmeijer.com

May 20, 2008, 11:00:48 AM5/20/08
Hi I'm trying to archive files on filesystem on a server which has java 2 security,

I'm getting:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission

[/ING/TracING/triss/data/archived_deliveries/2008/05/20080502/market write)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte

xt.java:264)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:

427)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)

at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityMana

ger.java:212)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkWrite(SecurityManager.java:962)

at java.io.File.mkdir(File.java:1119)

at java.io.File.mkdirs(File.java:1148)

When trying to create a file.

was.policy has

permission java.io.FilePermission "/ING/TracING/triss/data/-", "read, write, delete"; And is parsed correctly as far as I can tell.

I found an sun jvm bug on this issue, but not for ibm's jvm. What's going on?

thanks in advance and regards,

jeroen.

Ben_

May 20, 2008, 11:43:49 AM5/20/08
> I found an sun jvm bug on this issue, but not for ibm's jvm. What's going
> on?

Which one ?

And which OS are you using ?

Ben_

May 20, 2008, 11:56:45 AM5/20/08

Also wanted to ask which version of WAS ?

jer...@dijkmeijer.com

May 22, 2008, 3:11:03 AM5/22/08

Version of was: 6.1.0.13 (not 6.0.13) erroneously mentioned in first mail.

OS solaris X.

Sun's bug: http://bugs.s un.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4932924

regards,

Jeroen.

Ben_

May 22, 2008, 3:02:18 PM5/22/08
> Version of was: 6.1.0.13 (not 6.0.13) erroneously mentioned in first mail.
>
> OS solaris X.
>
> Sun's bug: http://bugs.s un.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4932924

You could apply the latest fixes. The WebSphere JDK on Solaris is the JDK
from Sun rebranded.

Don't know the internals of how it goes exactly, but there is a chance this
bug is fixed if Sun fixed it.

Ben_

May 26, 2008, 8:15:40 AM5/26/08

Did you have a chance to upgrade and see if it improves ?