DataSource connection problem

c.moreno

Nov 30, 2005, 5:23:07 AM11/30/05
Hello:

I have a problem when I define a DataSource (Oracle JDBC Provider
without XA) and I try to assign a user and password in a
"Component-managed authentication alias" before defined in "J2EE
Connector Architecture (J2C) authentication data entries".

My problem is when I try to do a test connection. The error in the
administrative console is:

Test connection failed for data source proves on server nodeagent at
node mymachineNode01 with the following exception: java.lang.Exception:
java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in callDSRA0010E: SQL State =
null, Error Code = 17,433. View JVM logs for further details.

And the log file of my nodeagent is the next:

[11/30/05 11:04:42:563 CET] 00006208 DataSourceCon E DSRA8040I:
Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered "":
java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in
callDSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = 17,433
at
com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testConnectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:2227)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor187.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.testConnectionToDataSource2(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:528)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.testConnection(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:456)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invokeMethod(RequiredModelMBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Compiled
Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Compiled
Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Compiled
Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
at
mx4j.server.interceptor.ContextClassLoaderMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(ContextClassLoaderMBeanServerInterceptor.java(Compiled
Code))
at
mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.invoke(MX4JMBeanServer.java(Compiled Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl$1.run(AdminServiceImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServiceDelegator.java(Compiled
Code))
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor64.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.invoke(SOAPConnector.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.service(SOAPConnector.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnection.handleRequest(SOAPConnection.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java(Compiled Code))
at
com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
.

I have been searching information in Internet and I found this
error.They said that it is a problem with the JDBC connection because
the machine doesn't close the connection correctly and the connection
remains open.

The curious is that if I write the user and password as custom
properties the connection works fine. Then I supose that the JDBC
connection is not the problem.

Anybody has the same problem or know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

c.