NumberFormatException while making Web Service Call through HTTP Server

tej...@hotmail.com

Aug 3, 2006, 7:34:43 AM8/3/06

#1. We have a web service implemented on Websphere App Server 5.1 and we are successfully able to invoke it from a client application when we use the AppServer URL directly - for example: http://<<appServerURL>>:9080/MyWebApp/services/MyService

#2. We have also setup an IBM HTTP Server that routes all requests to the App Server - this is working if we try to invoke our web application - for example: http://<<webServerURL>>/MyWebApp

Now the problem:
If we try to invoke the web service hosted on the App Server (described in #1 above) via the HTTP Server (described in #2 above) using the following URL:
http://<<webServerURL>>/MyWebApp/services/MyService the client is receiving a NumberFormatException (included below). However, we can see that the web service is being invoked successfully. Somehow, the response is "getting lost" by the time it reaches the client.

Any help/tips/direction regarding this would be much appreciated.

Exception Stacktrace:

[INFO] enterprise - -WSWS3243I: Info: Mapping Exception to WebServicesFault. <java.lang.NumberFormatException: >WebServicesFault
faultCode: {http://websphere.ibm.com/webservices/}Server.generalException
faultString: java.lang.NumberFormatException:
faultActor: null
faultDetail:
stackTrace: java.lang.NumberFormatException:
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:694)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:156)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.PivotHandlerWrapper.invoke(PivotHandlerWrapper.java:217)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesEngine.invoke(WebServicesEngine.java:258)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invokeEngine(Connection.java:680)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:604)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:434)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Stub$Invoke.invoke(Stub.java:666)
at com.hello.HelloServiceSoapBindingStub.getHello(HelloServiceSoapBindingStub.java:77)
at com.hello.HelloServiceProxy.getHello(HelloServiceProxy.java:64)
at com.hello.HelloServiceProxy.main(HelloServiceProxy.java:72)

Thanks..

jair...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2006, 3:00:03 PM9/2/06
Hi

I assume you have genned the plugin
Change the plugin-cfg.xml file to Debug level and see what the request is trying to do from Web Server to the App Server.

Secondly enable full trace on your web service

sanj

roy....@tcs.com

Nov 7, 2008, 12:15:57 AM11/7/08
Is there any update on the issue posted above? I am also facing the same issue but unable to figure out the needful to be done to resolve it?