XAResourceNotAvailableException

shyj...@yahoo.co.in

Sep 14, 2006, 3:53:32 AM9/14/06

I am using websphere portal 5.1.0.3 with DB2 for my application.
In between I had to change my system name according to our new corporate policy.
So, I made necessary configuration changes for both DB2 & portal server.

But, still, I am getting a XAResourceNotAvailableException when I use the portal, and its throwing the error saying unknown HostName (specifying the old system name).

What I think, the problem is, that some pending transactions (while running with the old system name) are still looking for the XAconnection in the <old_hostname>. If that is case, is there any option to forcefully stop that transaction; restarting the server/system is not helping out.

Can somebody help me to sort out this problem...?

The details from the log :

The XAResource for a transaction participant could not be recreated and transaction recovery may not be able to complete properly. The resource was J2CXAResourceInfo : cfName = dataSource

The exception stack trace follows: com.ibm.ws.Transaction.XAResourceNotAvailableException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.getXAResource(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:153)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.XARecoveryData.recover(XARecoveryData.java:561)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.PartnerLogTable.recover(PartnerLogTable.java:512)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.RecoveryManager.resync(RecoveryManager.java:1882)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.RecoveryManager.run(RecoveryManager.java:2390)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

Thanks in advance,
Shyju

Paul Ilechko

Sep 14, 2006, 7:41:10 AM9/14/06
shyj...@yahoo.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using websphere portal 5.1.0.3 with DB2 for my application. In
> between I had to change my system name according to our new corporate
> policy. So, I made necessary configuration changes for both DB2 &
> portal server.
>
> But, still, I am getting a XAResourceNotAvailableException when I use
> the portal, and its throwing the error saying unknown HostName
> (specifying the old system name).
>
> What I think, the problem is, that some pending transactions (while
> running with the old system name) are still looking for the
> XAconnection in the <old_hostname>. If that is case, is there any
> option to forcefully stop that transaction; restarting the
> server/system is not helping out.

This should only happen if you have in-doubt transactions trying to
complete. You can get rid of them by deleting the transaction log files,
if you're sure they are not important.

shyj...@yahoo.co.in

Sep 14, 2006, 8:09:48 AM9/14/06
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply..
I tried as u said, and the portal application is working fine now.

Thanks again.

regards
Shyju