Websphere error: "...Not enough storage is available..."

Max Richard

Jan 14, 2003, 7:30:15 AM1/14/03
Dear all,

I've recently got a new PC (Pentium 4) with 1GB RAM. When I'm running
localy a webapplication in Websphere Development Studio, I get the
following error:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0973N Not
enough storage is available in the "DRDA_HEAP_SZ" heap to process the
statement. SQLSTATE=57011

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:254)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:197)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_return_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:436)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.execute2(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1186)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.executeQuery(DB2PreparedStatement.java:757)
at com.toyotaeurope.tmem.vinas.businessmodel.VehicleFeatureOption.loadOptionForSSNAndSpecPositionAndOptionCode(VehicleFeatureOption.java:94)
at com.toyotaeurope.tmem.vinas.businessmodel.VINException.featureOption(VINException.java:118)
at com.toyotaeurope.tmem.vinas.businessmodel.VINPrefixException.description(VINPrefixException.java:77)
at _VINPrefixMaintenance_jsp_0._jspService(VINPrefixMaintenance.jsp
:81)

It says something about storage but I think I have enough memory.

Has anyone an idea what causes this problem?

Thanks,

Max

news.t-online.de

Jan 14, 2003, 11:10:00 AM1/14/03
Hello
There is one database heap per database, and the database manager uses it
on behalf of all applications connected to the database. It contains control
block information for tables, indexes, table spaces, and buffer pools. It
also contains space for the log buffer (logbufsz), and the catalog cache
(catalogcache_sz). Therefore, the size of the heap dependent on the number
of control blocks stored in the heap at a given time. The control block
information is kept in the heap until all applications disconnect from the
database including JDBC/WSAD in your case.
check your DRDA_HEAP_SZ. on db2 command line use:

db2 get dbm cfg

or

db2 get database manager configuration
you can change the HEAP size using:

db2 update database manager configuration using <parameter> <value>
try to increase it in multiple of 4K. you should have 128K there, try with
256K e.g. or more.
read DB documentation and search for DRDA_HEAP_SZ if you got lost.
http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v7pubs.d
2w/en_main

bye
/uma