XML Parsers conflict

Mahmoud

Apr 17, 2003, 3:34:40 AM4/17/03
When starting the WebSphere application server with JDK 1.4.1 the
server does not start and throw the following exception due to a
conflict between package names of the Java API for XML parsing. When
working with JDK 1.3 the server starts properly because it does not
have an implementation of the Java API for XML parsing.

[4/15/03 16:49:01:184 EET] 813bc1 WsServer E WSVR0008E: Error
encountered reading META-INF/ws-server-components.xml
com.ibm.ws.exception.ConfigurationError
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl.load(ComponentManagerImpl.java:68)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl.<init>(ComponentManagerImpl.java:51)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:109)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:232)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: System property
org.xml.sax.driver not specified
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:90)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl.load(ComponentManagerImpl.java:66)
... 8 more
---- Begin backtrace for nested exception
org.xml.sax.SAXException: System property org.xml.sax.driver not
specified
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:90)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl.load(ComponentManagerImpl.java:66)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl.<init>(ComponentManagerImpl.java:51)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:109)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:232)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)
[4/15/03 16:49:01:231 EET] 813bc1 WsServer E WSVR0009E: Error
occurred during startup

any clue??!

thanks for your help

iksrazal

Apr 17, 2003, 10:52:47 AM4/17/03
jok...@hotmail.com (Mahmoud) wrote in message news:<6ce41ad9.03041...@posting.google.com>...

Must be the day for this problem - I just answered it (hopefully) on
another group.

Try this in your code:

System.setProperty(
"org.xml.sax.driver",
"org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"
);

or add a system property via the admin console appplication
server->default servers->process definintion->jvm settings. On the
command line it would look like:

java -Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
MySAXApp sample.xml

What you mentioned, judging by the stacktrace, I think is a little
different - parser conflict. I battled that one for several days. The
JAXP registry can get trashed by having more than one parser loaded.
In WAS 4.0.1 on solaris the JVM actually crashed. In my case it was
JDOM and Xerces fighting each other. Yet that was using JDK 1.3 . From
what I read JDK 1.4 resolved that problem - supposedly you can have
more than one parser loaded. Which WAS are you using?

iksrazal

Mahmoud

Apr 19, 2003, 4:22:53 AM4/19/03
iksr...@terra.com.br (iksrazal) wrote in message news:<850ed936.03041...@posting.google.com>...

i used WAS 5.0 trial version ,
i just want to make server started , i couldn't set a property in
admin console coz server doesn't work , and i don't have any
application deployed in it.
what do think?!

thanks