Unable to start MDB Listener... ..javax.security.auth.login.LoginException

lna...@us.ibm.com

May 14, 2008, 9:33:06 AM5/14/08
Problem when I start application containing MDBs & ListenerPorts. 5 MDBs tied to 5 ListenerPorts within the application, 4 MDBs/ListenerPorts start fine with no problem, 5th causes the following exception and then stops the ListenerPort. Problem occurs whether Global Security is turned on or off.

I am using WAS ND v6.1.0.13

5/14/08 9:03:40:921 EDT 0000001c MDBListenerIm W WMSG0019E: Unable to start MDB Listener ProcessSubmission, JMSDestination jms/Q_SubmissionReceipt : java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for

at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:12 2)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerImpl.createResources(MDBListenerImpl.java:3 67)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerImpl.internalStart(MDBListenerImpl.java:727 )

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerImpl.start(MDBListenerImpl.java:650)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerManagerImpl.start(MDBListenerManagerImpl.ja va:634)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MsgListenerPort.add(MsgListenerPort.java:227)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerManagerImpl.startApplicationMDBs(MDBListene rManagerImpl.java:872)

at com.ibm.ejs.jms.listener.MDBListenerManagerImpl.stateChanged(MDBListenerManager Impl.java:830)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.MessageListenerImpl.stateChanged(MessageListenerIm pl.java:188)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stateChanged(ApplicationMgrImpl .java:1253)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectEvent(De ployedApplicationImpl.java:1148)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.setState(DeployedApplicati onImpl.java:243)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.setState(DeployedApplicati onImpl.java:238)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationI mpl.java:844)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgr Impl.java:950)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$AppInitializer.run(ApplicationM grImpl.java:2120)

at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.component.WsComponentImpl$_AsynchInitializer.run(WsCompon entImpl.java:342)

at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1469)

This seems to have worked fine in my RSA development environment running against a WAS v6.1 (non-ND) server but is failing once deployed to the WAS ND v6.1.0.13 server environment.

Has anyone seen this before or can provide any suggestions/solutions?

Could this be due to some code/action unique to the failing MDB?

Infyniti

May 14, 2008, 9:52:59 AM5/14/08
lnayda wrote:

Problem when I start application containing MDBs & ListenerPorts. 5 MDBs tied to 5 ListenerPorts within the application, 4 MDBs/ListenerPorts start fine with no problem, 5th causes the following exception and then stops the ListenerPort. Problem occurs whether Global Security is turned on or off.

Does the JAAS alias for the queue connection factory for the 5th MDB is same as the rest of them.

If yes, then check if the id has access to the queue. Also double check both the QCF and QD attributes for that MDB.

Thanks

Anant

lna...@us.ibm.com

May 14, 2008, 11:10:48 AM5/14/08
By setting the "Mapping-configuration alias" to "DefaultPricipalMapping" on the 5th MDB it now works.

I'm not sure why it is acting this way because even though the MQ security attributes for the 4th Queue and the configuration of the MDB/ListenerPort is identical to the 5th, I only had problems on the 5th and needed to set the "Mapping-configuration alias" on the 5th to cure this problem. ???

"Mapping-configuration alias" is (none) on the 4th but it is working fine.

Happy that it works now, and thank you for your advice and assistance.

sapana

May 28, 2008, 1:11:41 AM5/28/08

same solution worked for me too!
does anyone knows the reason?

Jan Nielsen

Jul 8, 2009, 3:58:51 AM7/8/09
Jeez! this helped mee too on one listener i've got in my local WESB server....

Why why why IBM, provide us with a f.... answer, I'm getting absolutely frustrated with these configurations that no one knows about and no one can ever answer correctly.

YES I'm f..... angry!