Dear Ken Hygh

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB)

Dec 19, 2002, 7:31:45 AM12/19/02
Please Ken,

Can you specify what do you mean by I've highlighted the relevant stuff in the stack trace.

I have been working on this exception since Friday 13 and I have not resolved it until now.

Thank you.

Bernard .T
Software Engineer
SoftSolutions

Eric Crane

Dec 19, 2002, 11:16:19 AM12/19/02
Bernard,

Ken pointed out that you were getting an error from Oracle:

---- Begin backtrace for nested exception
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
This seems rather clear.

- Eric Crane

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB)

Dec 19, 2002, 12:40:11 PM12/19/02
Hi Ken , perhaps you can help me.

I ‘am testing Web Sphere App Server 5.0 trial and I’am using Application Assembly Tool .

I’ am using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition.

I created a web application (jsp + ejb)

I created a DataSource and I tested in a jsp page (using lookup and getConnection ()) and it is working normally.

In my session bean, there is function, which calls an entity finder and it returns the following exception.

70283ccd DataAccessReq E PMGR6022E: Error using adapter to create or execute an Interaction. com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.cci.WSInteractionImpl@30063cc5
[12/17/02 17:48:33:449 GMT+02:00] 70283ccd DataAccessReq E PMGR0000E: Call stack:
com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.utilpm.PersistenceManagerException: PMGR6022E: Error using adapter to create or execute an Interaction. com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.cci.WSInteractionImpl@30063cc5
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.dataaccess.DataAccessRequestImpl.execute(DataAccessRequestImpl.java:127)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.ConcreteBeanInstanceExtensionImpl.executeQuery(ConcreteBeanInstanceExtensionImpl.java:264)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.ConcreteBeanInstanceExtensionImpl.executeFind(ConcreteBeanInstanceExtensionImpl.java:155)
at softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.ConcreteWfmOperation_d5798005.ejbFindAll_Local(Unknown Source)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.EJSCMPWfmOperationHomeBean_d5798005.findAll_Local(Unknown Source)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.EJSLocalCMPWfmOperationHome_d5798005.findAll(Unknown Source)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.facade.WfmOperationFacadeBean.returnAllOperation(WfmOperationFacadeBean.java:79)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.facade.EJSRemoteStatelessWfmOperationFacade_924533cd.returnAllOperation(EJSRemoteStatelessWfmOperationFacade_924533cd.java:74)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.facade._WfmOperationFacade_Stub.returnAllOperation(_WfmOperationFacade_Stub.java:335)
    at org.apache.jsp._Welcome._jspService(_Welcome.java:101)

---- Begin backtrace for nested exception
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1451)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(TTC7Protocol.java:651)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:2117)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2331)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.doScrollPstmtExecuteUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3507)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:456)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:366)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.websphere_deploy.ORACLE_V8_1.WfmOperationBeanFunctionSet_d5798005.FindAll_LocalForUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.websphere_deploy.ORACLE_V8_1.WfmOperationBeanFunctionSet_d5798005.execute(Unknown Source)

12/18/02 9:48:06:887 GMT+02:00] 2a777b2e ExceptionUtil E CNTR0019E: Non-application exception occurred while processing method "findAll". Exception data: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.utilpm.PersistenceManagerException: PMGR6022E: Error using adapter to create or execute an Interaction. com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.cci.WSInteractionImpl@5f443b3d
[...]
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.facade.EJSRemoteStatelessWfmOperationFacade_924533cd.returnAllOperation(Unknown Source)
    at softsolutions.wfm.operation.facade._WfmOperationFacade_Stub.returnAllOperation(_WfmOperationFacade_Stub.java:335)
    at org.apache.jsp._Welcome._jspService(_Welcome.java:101)

Where findAll is finder name, WfmOperationHome is entity home interface, WfmOperationFacade is the session remote interface and returnAllOperation (belongs to the session home interface) is the function that I called from the JSP file.

Perhaps you are working on finder method on CMP 2.0 entity bean (with Oracle 9i), it will be great if you help me
.

Thanks

Bernard.T
Software Engineer
SoftSolutions

Ken Hygh

Dec 19, 2002, 3:59:56 PM12/19/02
Just guessing, your EJBQLis incorrect, because you're pointing to the
wrong table or schema within Oracle.
Ken

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB) wrote:

> [...]

> softsolutions.wfm.operation.entity.websphere_deploy.ORACLE_V8_1.WfmOperationBeanFunctionSet_d5798005.execute(Unknown
> Source)
>
> 12/18/02 9:48:06:887 GMT+02:00] 2a777b2e ExceptionUtil E CNTR0019E:

> *Non-application exception occurred while processing method
> "findAll"*. Exception data: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception
> is: com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.utilpm.PersistenceManagerException:
> PMGR6022E: *Error using adapter to create or execute an Interaction*.

> Where *findAll* is finder name, *WfmOperationHome* is entity home
> interface, *WfmOperationFacade* is the session remote interface and
> *returnAllOperation* (belongs to the session home interface) is the

> function that I called from the JSP file.
>

> *Perhaps you are working on finder method on CMP 2.0 entity bean (with
> Oracle 9i), it will be great if you help me*.

chandra

Dec 20, 2002, 12:22:05 AM12/20/02
Hi TurkMan,

While creating the datasource did you mention the userid/password ?
If not there is two way to specify the userid and password.

Step1: create the custom properties and specify the userid and password for
the datasource.
Step2:
a) Use J2C Authentication Data Entries.
b) Create the alias which consists of userid and password
c) Assigned to the datasource depending upon your usage like whether you
want to use it as Component based authentication alias or Container based
authentication alias.

For further informations, refer infocenter how to create the datasource.

I hope this solve your problem.

Regards,
Chandra

"Ken Hygh" <ken...@nc.rr.com> wrote in message

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB)

Dec 20, 2002, 6:11:29 AM12/20/02
Dear Ken,

I have resolved the finder exception and it works perfectly . It seems that Application Assembly Tool is very restrictive because :
  • When building an entity bean I have to write in the field EJB_NAME , the name of the table in the database.
  • And for the getter and the setter in the bean classes they must be :
For example, if in the database I have column name OPR_CODE I must have getOpr_Code() and setOpr_Code() in the bean classes.

Can you confirm it ?

Thanks.

Ken Hygh

Dec 21, 2002, 3:47:22 AM12/21/02
I don't know that this is a restriction of the AAT, it's probably the
way WAS implements CMPs. Certainly the method naming scheme follows
normal Java Beans conventions.
Ken

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB) wrote:

> Dear Ken,
>
> I have resolved the finder exception and it works perfectly . It seems

> that Application Assembly Tool is very *restrictive* because :
>
> * When building an entity bean I have to write in the field
> *EJB_NAME* , the name of the table in the database.
> * And for the /*getter*/ and the */setter/ *in the bean classes
> they must be :
>
> For example, if in the database I have column name */OPR_CODE/ *I must
> have /getOpr_Code()/ and /setOpr_Code()/ in the bean classes.

TURKMAN Bernard (Soft LB)

Jan 3, 2003, 1:53:22 AM1/3/03
Hi ,

I am working with CMP entity bean 2.0 with Oracle9i database. It seems that Application Assembly Tool is very restrictive because :
  • When building an entity bean I have to write in the field EJB_NAME , the name of the table in the database.  Is it a restriction ? Does EJB_Name must be like table's name in the database ?
  • And for the getter and the setter in the bean class they must be :
For example, if in the database I have column name OPR_CODE I must have getOpr_Code() and setOpr_Code() in the bean class for the CMP entity field OprCode. Does it mean that getter and setter name must be as column's name in the database ? Is it a restriction ? Can we name them in a different way provided that Entity bean works correctly ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

David Artus

Jan 3, 2003, 11:02:59 AM1/3/03

There are three mapping models: top-down, bottom-up and meet in the
middle.
The WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) product supports all
three and
so effectively allows you to set up correspondences between differently
named EJBs and Tables and between attributes and columns.

I've not tried to use AAT for this purpose, but I would not be
astonished
if it was either difficult or impossible to define non-trivial mappings
there.
You may be able to edit the mapping definitions by hand but for
non-trivial
applications this is not going to be easy - hacking XML without tools is
no
fun.

I think that serious WebSphere development will need a tool such as
WSAD.