Modifying sql data not permitted, was toolbox on w2k against as400 database

Eric R. Krystof

Oct 19, 2001, 12:02:13 PM10/19/01
Greetings,

We're currently looking at different configurations of websphere. We
at one time were running an appserver on an as400 with the database on
the same server (native driver). We've also looked at using windows
2000 appservers and the toolbox driver against the 400 database (not
admin, but ejb database).

This presents the error I'm seeing. No ejb changes have been made, so
we're wondering why we see it now on the windows machines, and NEVER
saw it on the 400, and I can only assume it's toolbox related with
websphere. I'm trying to figure out what potential property we can
change on the toolbox driver, but I'm kind of at a loss here. The
current configuration is four w2k appservers running nothing but ejbs
in a workload managed (cloned) environment, no stateful session beans,
just stateless sessions, cmps and 1 bmp bean. We see this error in
numerous locations, not just from the bean below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric R. Krystof
Software Engineer
OTC

java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0577] Modifying SQL data not permitted.
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:45)
at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:386)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.commonExecute(AS400JDBCStatement.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.cache.CachedStatement.executeUpdate(CachedStatement.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.proxy.PreparedStatementProxy.executeUpdate(PreparedStatementProxy.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item.ReserveQuantityBean.doReserveItem(ReserveQuantityBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item.ReserveQuantityBean.reserveQuantityForItem(ReserveQuantityBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item.ReserveQuantityBean.changeQuantityReserved(ReserveQuantityBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item.EJSRemoteReserveQuantity.changeQuantityReserved(EJSRemoteReserveQuantity.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item._ReserveQuantity_BaseStub.changeQuantityReserved(_ReserveQuantity_BaseStub.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.item._ReserveQuantity_Stub.changeQuantityReserved(_ReserveQuantity_Stub.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.order.promotions.AddOnItemPromotionBean.applyPromotion(AddOnItemPromotionBean.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.oriental.order.promotions.EJSRemoteAddOnItemPromotion.applyPromotion(EJSRemoteAddOnItemPromotion.java(Compiled
Code))

Eric R. Krystof

Oct 19, 2001, 1:52:31 PM10/19/01
Quick config:

Was3.5.4 on 4 Win2k Clones, admin database on win2k db2 machine, ejb
database on 400 via toolkit.