Looking for EJB home interface outside WebSphere

Christine

Aug 23, 2001, 6:57:07 PM8/23/01
I deployed CMP EJB on WebSphere successfully. I have no problem to look
for the EJB home interface from servlet deployed on WebSphere too. Now,
I need to look for the EJB home interface in a simple Java class which
runns outside WebSphere. I don't have problem to run it inside VisualAge
for Java 3.5, but I am getting error after I deployed everything.

I exported this class file as a JAR file from VAJ and placed it under
app server/servlets/ subdirectory. I am facing problem to set the right
classpath.

1. i am getting error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/rmi/iiop/ORB
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.GlobalORBFactory.init(GlobalORBFactory.java:42)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORBImpl.initializeORB(EJSORBImpl.java:196)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:93)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:65)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:47)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORB.init(EJSORB.java:343)
at
com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNInitialContextFactory.initORB(CNInitialContextFactory.java:355)

2 I didn't fine where the com.ibm.rmi.iiop package is in WebSphere, So I
exported the whole project with that package from VAJ and add that jar
to my classpath, now I am getting another error:

ClassCastException: com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.FVDCodeBaseImpl

Did anyone have the similar experience? Any suggestion will be
appreciated

Regards
--
Jia (Christine) Li
Department of Computer Science

Matt

Aug 24, 2001, 6:08:54 AM8/24/01
Be sure to use the IBM supplied JDK for your client application.

/Matt

"Christine" <j...@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote in message

Karim Ladha

Aug 24, 2001, 3:15:22 PM8/24/01
to Matt
Re: Looking for EJB home interface outside WebSphere

Rmember to include <WASInstall>/lib/ejs.jar and <WASInstall>/lib/ujc.jar in your classpath -
I have been informed that one of the above mentioned file(s) is not needed.

BTW, remember to use the same JDK...

Cheers!
--
Mr. Karim A.Ladha, Product Architect.