Cannot start WAR application - SERVER IS GOING DOWN

ju...@opensubsystems.org

Apr 21, 2005, 12:58:49 PM4/21/05
Hello,

I have some problems to start my WAR application. Deploying process passed OK.
But when I try to 'Start' my deployed application (from admin console), WAS is trying to start application, but after a few seconds it 'freeze'. WAS server will turn off and there is always shown anime gif "Please Wait" on the page. No links are active anymore and browser shows 'Done' message in the status bar.

When I look at the log files, there are written only some debug information within the SystemErr.log, like:

[21.4.2005 13:28:18:344 CEST] 00000028 SystemErr
R 21.4.2005 13:28:18 org.opensubsystems.core.persist.db.DatabaseTransactionFactoryImpl
INFO: Default database transaction factory is org.opensubsystems.core.persist.db.J2EETransactionFactoryImpl
21.4.2005 13:28:18 SystemErr
FINE: 21.4.2005 13:28:18 org.opensubsystems.core.persist.db.DatabaseTransactionFactoryImpl

In the trace.log file there is one error occured:

[21.4.2005 13:28:23:188 CEST] 00000028 SystemErr R java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.ibm.ws.logging.RecursionCounter.incrementCount(RecursionCounter.java:69)
at com.ibm.ws.logging.object.WsLogRecordFactory.createWsLogRecord(WsLogRecordFactory.java:318)
at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.logToJSR47Logger(Tr.java:1570)
at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.systemErr(Tr.java:892)
at com.ibm.ejs.ras.SystemErrStream.dispatchEvent(SystemErrStream.java:236)
at com.ibm.ejs.ras.SystemStream.write(SystemStream.java:286)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$ConverterSE.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java(Compiled Code))

When I try to start server (after it stops after trying to start application), it is following exception occured and IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO START SERVER ANYMORE.

ADMU7701I: Because server1 is registered to run as a Windows Service, the request to start this server will be completed by starting the associated Windows Service.
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:190)
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: Failed while trying to start the Windows Service, retCode = -1
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WindowsService.doWASServiceAction(WindowsService.java:247)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.execWithWinService(WsServerLauncher.java:150)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerController.executeUtilityOnWindows(WsServerController.java:129)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.main(WsServerLauncher.java:114)
... 6 more

I must manually delete all my WAR application occurences within the 'profile' directory. After that I can start WAS server again.

Can you advice me what can be a problem?
Thank you in advance,
with best regards,

Julian Legeny