EJB - Transaction failed

Nicolas Pottrain

Dec 11, 2000, 9:48:01 AM12/11/00
Hi everybody,

I have a servlet that calls a method from an EJB

but unfortunatly I get the following error message:

Exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server
thread; nested exception is:
com.ibm.ejs.container.UncheckedException: ; nested exception is:
com.ibm.websphere.csi.CSIException: Failed to start transaction
[00.12.11 15:00:04:071 CET] 45d051 ServletInstan X Uncaught service()
exception thrown by servlet {0}: {1}
"SecurityTest2"
javax.servlet.ServletException
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at javax.servlet.ServletException.<init>(ServletException.java:73)
etcetera

has anyone seen this before?, how do I solve it?

this is the code of my servlet that calls the EJB

//Initial Context
javax.naming.InitialContext initContext = null;
java.util.Hashtable properties = new java.util.Hashtable(2);
properties.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://suntest:900");

//Home interface
SecurityHome securityHome = null;

//Remote Interface
Security sec = null;

try {
initContext = new javax.naming.InitialContext(properties);
}
catch (javax.naming.NamingException ne) {
System.out.println("Exception: " + ne);
}

try {
//JNDI lookup
java.lang.Object ref = initContext.lookup("test/npottrain/ejb/Security");
securityHome =
(SecurityHome) javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ref,
SecurityHome.class);
sec = securityHome.create();
}
catch (javax.naming.NamingException ne) {
System.out.println("Exception: " + ne);
}

catch (java.rmi.RemoteException re) {
System.out.println("Exception: " + re);