DTD Validation

1 view

at...@amentra.com

Feb 10, 2006, 4:51:41 PM2/10/06
I am trying to get a JSF application up and running for some testing with Webpshere 6. I am using myfaces and facelets. When it tries to deploy the app it parses the faces-config.xml file with each jar. I am assuming it tries to validate the DTD of the xml files against the DTD on the Sun site. I am behind a proxy server, so I get the following error

[2/10/06 13:43:19:221 EST] 0000001e jsf E com.ibm.ws.jsf.configuration.FacesConfigParser parse Failed to parse Faces config document
java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address

I am wondering if it is possible to turn off the validation step or specify to Websphere to use a proxy server for externel HTTP request. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Ken Hygh

Feb 10, 2006, 10:25:27 PM2/10/06
at...@amentra.com wrote:

For some of these kinds of things...I cheat. I make the DTD servable by
my Http Server, hack /etc/hosts to point the DTD's URL's machine name to
my Http Server, and I'm safe from having to load the DTD across the
not-so-reliable Internet.

Do not try this at home :-)

Ken

sagar...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2006, 10:18:02 AM4/19/06
how did you managed to get my faces working on websphere 6.0

I am always getting following error

[4/19/06 10:11:39:569 EDT] 00000019 SystemErr R java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/myfaces/webapp/StartupServletContextListener
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionProcessor.<init>(JSPExtensionProcessor.java:158)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionFactory.createExtensionProcessor(JSPExtensionFactory.java:96)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeExtensionProcessors(WebApp.java:106