Oracle 8.1.5 and WAS: Cannot Start WAS NT service: error 2140

Paolo Gianferrara

Feb 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/26/00

I get the NT 2140 internal error when try to start the WAS 3.0.
I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 as DB which is installed on another NT pc.

From the WAS PC I can access to the Oracle DB on the second PC. I've
read the istruction related to the NT 2140 internal error that I've
found on IBM
web site, so I've created the EJB and the ESADMIN users on my database
and granted them all the required roles. The only difference is that my
db
instance isn't called WAS but with another name and I've changed the
name in the admin.config file. I've tried to connect to the Oracle DB
to check if some tables were created and I've found them created by the
ASADMIN user. Below there is the first line error that I've found in the
tracelog file which is more than 2MB.
Please, can someone have some suggest which could help me?
Thanks
Paolo

008.212 120fad AdminServer A Initializing WebSphere Administration
server
008.242 120ef0 DrAdminServer A DrAdmin available on port 1,312
011.557 120fad DBPortability W SQL Exception occured:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch
(TTC7Protocol.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther
(OracleStatement.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithBatch
(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute
(OracleStatement.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout
(OracleStatement.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate
(OraclePreparedStatement.java)
at com.ibm.ejs.dbm.sql.PreparedStatementImpl.executeUpdate
(PreparedStatementImpl.java:150)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming.EJSJDBCPersisterBindingBean._create
(EJSJDBCPersisterBindingBean.java:98)
at com.ibm.ejs.persistence.EJSJDBCPersister.create
(EJSJDBCPersister.java:447)
at com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerManagedBeanO.postCreate
(ContainerManagedBeanO.java:204)
at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSHome.postCreate(EJSHome.java:1166)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming.EJSBindingHomeBean.create
(EJSBindingHomeBean.java:78)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming.EJSRemoteBindingHome.create
(EJSRemoteBindingHome.java:140)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming._BindingHome_Stub.create(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming.EJBDataStore.bind
(EJBDataStore.java:168)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.CosNaming.ExtendedNamingImpl.bind_new_context
(ExtendedNamingImpl.java:126)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNContextImpl.doCreateSubcontext
(CNContextImpl.java:1045)
at com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNContextImpl.createSubcontext
(CNContextImpl.java:396)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.createSubcontext
(InitialContext.java:505)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveEJBContainer.rebindHome
(ActiveEJBContainer.java:423)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveEJBContainer.startBean
(ActiveEJBContainer.java:390)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveEnterpriseBean.startAction
(ActiveEnterpriseBean.java:61)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.startObject
(ActiveObject.java:663)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.start
(ActiveObject.java:110)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.operateOnContainedObjects
(ActiveObject.java:565)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveEJBContainer.startAction
(ActiveEJBContainer.java:250)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.startObject
(ActiveObject.java:663)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.start
(ActiveObject.java:110)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.operateOnContainedObjects
(ActiveObject.java:565)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveEJBServer.startAction
(ActiveEJBServer.java:85)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.startObject
(ActiveObject.java:663)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.start
(ActiveObject.java:110)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.activeObjectInvocation
(AdminAgentImpl.java:90)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.invokeActiveObject
(AdminAgentImpl.java:59)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.startContainers
(AdminServer.java:991)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime
(AdminServer.java:873)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:299)

012.138 120fad ActiveEnterpr W Failed to start the bean "TypeHome"
javax.naming.NamingException:
org.omg.CORBA.portable.UnknownException: minor code: 0 completed:
Maybe

Eric Yu

Feb 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/27/00
Check that you've got the latest Oracle JDBC drivers (v8.1.6) in the
appropriate location. See install notes or previous postings for download
location from Oracle. The WAS PC needs this version of the zipfile.

Paolo Gianferrara <pgia...@ubiquity.it> wrote in message