SAXParsing Error

Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]

Jun 17, 2003, 1:28:59 AM6/17/03
Hi All,

I keep getting the error listed below:

JSPG0110E: Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: {0} The content
of element type "tag" must match
"(name,tagclass,teiclass?,bodycontent?,info?,attribute*)".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "tag" must
match "(name,tagclass,teiclass?,bodycontent?,info?,attribute*)".
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196)
at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.reportRecoverableXMLError(XMLValidator.java:1781)
at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator.java:1425)
...etc...

However, I only ever get it on Solaris, not under WSAD 4.0.3 or
WAS under windows. So, I'm happy that everything appears ok.

So, is there something wierd about Solaris that I should know
about?

-Chris

Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]

Jun 17, 2003, 9:45:41 PM6/17/03
chr...@warpspeed.com.au (Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]) wrote in message news:<ac231360.03061...@posting.google.com>...

In short, yes, it is a little more strict.

It appears to be the 'encoding="<blah>"' missing from the TLD files
that is causing the excessive errors in stderr.txt upon server
startup. Solaris appears to be a little more strict than windows is
(which does not complain with the endocing missing).

Thus, if you add/replace the top of your TLD definition with the
following, then all of the SAXParsing exceptions go away.

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag
Library 1.1//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

-Chris

Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]

Jun 20, 2003, 12:43:45 AM6/20/03

Whoops.

It appears that I spoke too soon. It was not this at all.

It came down to the order of the tags as specified in the tld/xml
file.

In this instance we had the <bodycontent> tag after the <attribute>
tags (if present). The dtd specifies the order to be tagclass,
bodycontent?, attributes*.

Moving the bodycontent tag to just after the tagclass tag in the tld
fixed the problem.

I did not know that they were position dependant.

WSAD does not do an automatic XML verification of tld files. I had to
rename the tld to xml to get the verify xml option, then all of the
errors appeared.

However, it still appears that the windows version does not do any
verification.

Finally! Fixed!

-Chris