JasperException: JSPG0059E - Could anyone help ?

olivier judas

Jul 29, 2002, 10:52:24 AM7/29/02
Hi !

I try to deploy an ear file in WAS Single Server on Windows 2K. The ear file
comes from WSAD 4.0.3

First, with WAS 4.0.1, I got in default_server_stderr.log :

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: JSPG0059E : Unable to compile the JSP
class <dir>\Droits.java:1: The source file encoding may be different with
this platform encoding. Please use -encoding option to adjust file encoding,
or apply native2ascii utility to make source file ASCII encoding.

Then the trace :
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:355)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JasperUtil.compile(JasperUtil.java:419)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JspModC.compileDir(JspModC.java:208)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JspModC.compileApp(JspModC.java:57)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.web.app.SaveAppwizAction.precompileJsps(SaveAppwizAction.java
:1112)
at
com.ibm.ejs.sm.web.app.SaveAppwizAction.perform(SaveAppwizAction.java:283)
at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionInstance(ActionServlet.j
ava:960)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:869)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:343)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:167)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:297)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:110)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:665)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:331)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:117)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:124)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:218)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
eInvocationContext.java:106)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:125)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:137)

the native2ascii utility changes nothing...

With WAS 4.0.2, I got another exception :

java.lang.NumberFormatException: File C
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.getJspLineErrors(Compiler.java:472)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:313)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JasperUtil.compile(JasperUtil.java:363)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JspModC.compileDir(JspModC.java:183)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ibmtools.JspModC.compileApp(JspModC.java:55)
[...]
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:523)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:282)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:112)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:91)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:184)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:122)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)

With WAS 4.0.3, I got again JasperException: JSPG0059E ...(for each JSP)

When I try to install the applications coming with WAS, I got the same
errors.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Olivier

Rune Hellem

Aug 12, 2002, 7:12:05 AM8/12/02

# "olivier judas" wrote

| First, with WAS 4.0.1, I got in default_server_stderr.log
|
| org.apache.jasper.JasperException: JSPG0059E : Unable to compile the JSP

| class .....

I've got the same problem running our application in WSAD. And this goes
only for a certain file - not all jsp's ... the error is JSPG0059E: Unable
to compile class for JSP ...

The stacktrace starts with the following text
Error: JSPG0059E: Unable to compile class for JSP :
java.lang.NumberFormatException: File E

...I've tried to delete all files in the temp-directory, rebuild the
project...but nothing works...the strange thing is that the file has worked
just fine before...

Beats me...

R.

Rune Hellem

Aug 12, 2002, 7:41:09 AM8/12/02

# "Rune Hellem" wrote

| I've got the same problem running our application in WSAD. And this goes
| only for a certain file - not all jsp's ... the error is JSPG0059E: Unable
| to compile class for JSP ...

It did beat me - but right after posting the earlier message I did a new and
refined search on google - and found the explanation...Chemi knows the
answer as usual... :-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=no&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3D09F805.1C
B6212E%40terra.es

The reason for my problems was that I used the Jar Packager...somehow it
corrupted my *.jar-files - and then I got the strange error....now I'm back
using the plugin from deBoer...

Rune