EJB Method is not able to return serialized objects

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 6:47:07 AM9/13/07

Hi all,
Anybody, please look at this problem. I am returning a object from my ejb remote method. Then i am getting the following exception.
I am not aware of this exception. Please help me. You can see the client and ejb code at the bottom.

java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : Request 17:read beyond end of data. No fragments available. vmcid: IBM minor code: 89A completed: No
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl.mapSystemException(UtilDelegateImpl.java:207)
at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:84)
at com.att.erp.ejb.session._ICSSession_Stub.getObject(_ICSSession_Stub.java:520)
at com.att.cc.common.xrc.client.XRCMainFrame.getReport(XRCMainFrame.java:1163)
at com.att.cc.common.xrc.client.XRCMainFrame$2.run(XRCMainFrame.java:533)
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : Request 17:read beyond end of data. No fragments available. vmcid: IBM minor code: 89A completed: No
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInputStream.java:1975)
at com.att.erp.ejb.session._ICSSession_Stub.getObject(_ICSSession_Stub.java:506)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Request 17:read beyond end of data. No fragments available. vmcid: IBM minor code: 8C1 completed: Maybe
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.getNextFragment(Connection.java:2081)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.IIOPInputStream.getNextBuffer(IIOPInputStream.java:378)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.alignAndCheck(CDRInputStream.java:649)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.alignAndCheck(CDRInputStream.java:580)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.skipToEndOfChunk(CDRInputStream.java:1934)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.skipToEndOfValue(CDRInputStream.java:1899)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.post_fast_read_value(CDRInputStream.java:1675)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.doPostReadProcessing(IIOPInputStream.java:1922)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.readObjectDelegate(IIOPInputStream.java:285)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.readObjectOverride(IIOPInputStream.java:524)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1094)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.invokeObjectReader(IIOPInputStream.java:1610)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.inputObjectUsingClassDesc(IIOPInputStream.java:1344)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.inputObjectClassDesc(IIOPInputStream.java:1319)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.readSerializable(IIOPInputStream.java:1048)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.simpleReadObjectInternal(IIOPInputStream.java:325)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.simpleReadObjectLoop(IIOPInputStream.java:402)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.IIOPInputStream.simpleReadObject(IIOPInputStream.java:356)
at com.ibm.rmi.io.ValueHandlerImpl.readValue(ValueHandlerImpl.java:201)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInputStream.java:1957)
... 3 more

//Here is my client code that is calling remote method.

oSession = initICSSession();
final XRCTransferObject oResultTrObj=oSession.getObject();

public ICSSession initICSSession() throws Exception
{
// Create a ICS Session which will help generating reports
javax.naming.Context ctx = ICSAppManager.instance().
getInitialContext();
System.out.println("Context in initICSSession : "+ctx);
ICSSessionHome oSessionHome =
(ICSSessionHome) ctx.lookup("nodes/bpenumutNode01/servers/server1/ejb/com/att/erp/ejb/session/ICSSessionHome");
System.out.println("Lookup successfull : "+oSessionHome);
// CCLogger.log("Creating ICS Session");

ICSSession oSession = oSessionHome.create(m_oSuiteControl.getLoggedInUser());
System.out.println("Remote obj ICSSession created .. "+oSession);
return oSession;
}

Here is my stateful session bean method

//XRCTransferObject is stored in singleton bean(ObjectStore) by one more method which is called just before this method.
//XRCTransferObject is serialized object.

public XRCTransferObject getObject() throws Exception
{
System.out.println("In getObject method of XRCSessionBase.........");
System.out.println("In getObject() method os XRCSessionBase.... "+ObjectStore.getInstance().getXrcTrans());
ObjectStore objs = ObjectStore.getInstance();
System.out.println("ObjectStore : "+objs);
XRCTransferObject xrcObj = objs.getXrcTrans();
System.out.println("XRCTransferObject : "+xrcObj);
return xrcObj;
}

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 7:05:36 AM9/13/07
I mentioned client piece of code in the post. please see it.It looks like this.

oSession = initICSSession();

// Here is the getObject method.
final XRCTransferObject oResultTrObj=oSession.getObject();

waiting for reply

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 6:49:09 AM9/13/07
Here again who posted the question. Forgot to mention. We are using websphere6.0.
Client side also we are use IBM Jre.

Brian S Paskin

Sep 13, 2007, 6:51:41 AM9/13/07
Hi, Where in your client code do you call the getObject method?

Brian

Brian S Paskin

Sep 13, 2007, 7:25:01 AM9/13/07
Hi, Which refresh pack and fixpak you are using?

Brian

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 7:48:46 AM9/13/07
I am new websphere. we are using RAD6.0.0. In the test environment, iam testing this. In RAD 6.0.0 whatever server they have given we are using that.

waiting for reply

Brian S Paskin

Sep 13, 2007, 7:50:41 AM9/13/07
Hi, You need to upgrade to the latest fixes for RAD and WebSphere. There have been several fixes for CORBA issues.

Brian

Brian S Paskin

Sep 13, 2007, 8:16:52 AM9/13/07
Hi, The RAD tool has an updater application installed when you installed the tool.

If you wish to download them via the web, here is the WebSphere App Server link:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27006876

Download and install the refresh pack first, then the latest fixpak.

Here is the link for RAD:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rcss=rtlrad&uid=swg27007823

Brian

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 7:58:25 AM9/13/07
Hi
Can you please send me the url to download the patch to the server whatever iam using

waiting for reply

thanks

Bhaskar

Sep 13, 2007, 10:13:54 AM9/13/07
Are u sure that tha is the problem with fixpatches or anything else. Please try to find out exact problem. I am struggling with this from the long time.

Thanks

Brian S Paskin

Sep 13, 2007, 10:27:57 AM9/13/07
Hi, no I am not sure your particular problem is fixed because I did not specifically look for your problem. I saw lots of CORBA fixes. However, if you call IBM to open a PMR they are going to tell you to upgrade.

Brian

Paul Ilechko

Sep 13, 2007, 11:24:36 AM9/13/07

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this n.g. - this is not an
official support channel - anyone who helps you here does so on their
own, not as part of their job. If you think you have a product issue,
open a PMR with IBM Support.

Bhaskar

Sep 14, 2007, 6:52:03 AM9/14/07
I tested even with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1. The same exception is repeating. While googling with that exception i got that it is problem with java.

Please see the link below.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1083&context=SSGMGV&q=&uid=swg1PQ81813&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

And i am very much new to websphere, I didn't understand what they mean exactly in that page. Can anybody please suggest what i have to do now.

Waiting for reply.

Bhaskar

Brian S Paskin

Sep 14, 2007, 7:28:41 AM9/14/07
That does not match your problem. Did you upgrade WebSphere or only RAD?

Brian

Paul Ilechko

Sep 14, 2007, 9:28:11 AM9/14/07

Isn't there anyone more senior on your team who you can ask for help?