upload problems with WAS 4.0.6: read timed out

John

Sep 3, 2003, 9:46:30 AM9/3/03
Hi.
I've tried both apache's and oreilly's upload packages. When I'm on the
server machine (locally) everything works and I can upload a file of any
size.
But, when trying over the Internet or network, I can only upload very small
files (up to 10-20 KB).
I've tried to increase I/O timeout in the WAS Admin console, without result.

Everywhere I've read people say: apply the fixpack! But that hasn't changed
a thing.

Anyone who'd like to help me?

Best Regards/John

My console output:

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.jav
a:429)
at
edental.servlet.OrderMessagesServlet.performTask(OrderMessagesServlet.java:8
5)
at
edental.servlet.OrderMessagesServlet.doPost(OrderMessagesServlet.java:27)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:167)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:297)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:110)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:721)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:374)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:118)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:134)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:239)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
eInvocationContext.java:106)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:154)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:317)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:391)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:284)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:144)

Todd Kaplinger

Sep 3, 2003, 10:16:54 AM9/3/03
did you apply the fixpack to the webserver plugin as well?

Charlie Liu

Sep 4, 2003, 2:26:50 PM9/4/03
I have exact same problem as John. Todd, can you tell me which fixpack
we shoud apply to the webserver plugin?

Thanks,

Charlie

John

Sep 5, 2003, 5:11:29 AM9/5/03
Right now I'm running on one single machine, the http is on the same
machine. I updated the httpserver when the fixpack asked though...
I've tried to bypass the http too, going on port 9081 over the network, but
it doesn't work however.
Thanks for your interest.
/John