Certificate not Trusted

xsp...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2007, 4:45:29 PM4/24/07
I am trying to get an XML request sent into the WebSphere server.
When I send the request I am getting a Certificate Not Trusted error.
I realize this is probablly not a WebSphere issue, but I don't have
anywhere else to turn. I have installed the local certificate on my
browser and it likes it. Here is the code I am using?

private String xmlMsg = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>";
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.ibm.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
//
URLConnection uc = new URL("https://localhost:7443/webapp/wcs/stores/
servlet/").openConnection();
uc.setDoOutput(true);
BufferedWriter wr = new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(uc.getOutputStream(), "UTF-8"));
wr.write(xmlMsg);
wr.flush();

Here is the error I am seeing:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate not Trusted
at com.ibm.jsse2.bx.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.by.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.by.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.w.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.w.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.v.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.by.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.by.l(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.by.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.net.ssl.www.protocol.https.b.o(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.net.ssl.www.protocol.https.q.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.net.ssl.www.protocol.http.ch.getOutputStream(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown
Source)
at com.cds.yahoo.SendXMLPost.main(SendXMLPost.java:36)
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate not
Trusted
at com.ibm.jsse.bi.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse.bi.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.jsse2.ba.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)
... 11 more

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jamie

DMX

Apr 30, 2007, 4:08:35 PM4/30/07

When you say "I am trying to get an XML request sent into the
WebSphere server"
What exactly do you mean and from where?