cocoon

botski

May 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/16/00

We're trying to get cocoon to work with WebSphere.
If we run cocoon without its properties file,
cocoon comes up and complains about the missing file.
(Thus, at least we know it's running.)

When we tell it where its file is, we get errors like this in the
browser window:

Unable to open resource:
D:/WebSphere/AppServer/hosts/default_host/xxxxxx/cocoon
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: classloader
at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java:74)
at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:38)
at java.io.IOException.(IOException.java:38)
at
java.net.MalformedURLException.(MalformedURLException.java:38)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:344)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:239)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebGroup.getResource(WebGroup.java:255)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebApp.getResource(WebApp.java:749)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java)
We're running WebSphere 3.0.2.1 with Java 1.1.8
and we built the latest cocoon (May 15) with Java 1.1.8 .

Any clues are welcome.

Sieg du Preez

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

You have cocoon propably up and running by now? The 1.7.4 release is
running fine on my WAS 3.0.2 except for the LDAP stuff that I had to
make some changes to run on the IBM implementation of LDAP. I added
cocoon to the default_app application, added the jar files to the
application's classpath and viola! It runs.

I would try to help if you don't have it running by now.

Sieg du Preez

Sieg.vcf