Can't find resource for bundle profiles_messages

Kleber Carvalho

Jul 7, 2016, 1:38:41 PM7/7/16

I'm new in TDI. I'm trying to run an AL, but I am receiving this error:

14:27:02,057 ERROR - CTGDIS118I Script execution failed.
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle profiles_messages, key en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:366)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:104)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at com.ibm.jscript.types.JavaAccessObject.call(JavaAccessObject.java:321)
at com.ibm.jscript.types.FBSObject.call(FBSObject.java:161)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTCall.interpret(ASTCall.java:175)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTVariableDecl.interpret(ASTVariableDecl.java:82)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTBlock.interpret(ASTBlock.java:100)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTIf.interpret(ASTIf.java:85)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject._executeFunction(FunctionObject.java:261)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject.executeFunction(FunctionObject.java:185)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:171)
at com.ibm.jscript.types.FBSObject.call(FBSObject.java:161)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTCall.interpret(ASTCall.java:175)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTBlock.interpret(ASTBlock.java:100)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTIf.interpret(ASTIf.java:85)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject._executeFunction(FunctionObject.java:261)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject.executeFunction(FunctionObject.java:185)
at com.ibm.jscript.std.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:171)
at com.ibm.jscript.types.FBSObject.call(FBSObject.java:161)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTCall.interpret(ASTCall.java:175)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTProgram.interpret(ASTProgram.java:119)
at com.ibm.jscript.ASTTree.ASTProgram.interpretEx(ASTProgram.java:139)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSExpression._interpretExpression(JSExpression.java:435)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSExpression.interpretExpression(JSExpression.java:421)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSExpression.evaluateValue(JSExpression.java:251)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSExpression.evaluateValue(JSExpression.java:238)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSExpression.evaluateValue(JSExpression.java:241)
at com.ibm.jscript.JSInterpreter.interpret(JSInterpreter.java:57)
at com.ibm.di.script.ScriptEngine.interpret(ScriptEngine.java:940)
at com.ibm.di.script.ScriptEngine.exec(ScriptEngine.java:518)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.runScript(AssemblyLine.java:2641)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.runProlog0(AssemblyLine.java:2485)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.msProlog0(AssemblyLine.java:3539)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainStep(AssemblyLine.java:3360)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2989)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2972)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeAL(AssemblyLine.java:2939)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.run(AssemblyLine.java:1317)

I tried to find in the group history, but I did not find anything.
Could you help me, please?

Thank you

Franzw

Jul 7, 2016, 2:35:08 PM7/7/16
You will probably tell/show us what you are trying to do - there is a resource bundle for en_US missing (obviously) but that can be secondary error using other java libraries...

Please remember that we are neither mind readers and most people here has no psychic abilities - so you really need to explain what you are trying to do so that people not sitting at your computer can understand it.

Regards
Franz Wolfhagen

Raman P

Jul 7, 2016, 3:04:25 PM7/7/16
LOLOL

Kleber Carvalho

Jul 7, 2016, 4:09:23 PM7/7/16
LOL

You are right Franz.

I am web developer that is falling from parachute on a project using TDI.
I don't have previous experience using neither ETL or TDI tool.

I am reading this document to understand it: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCQGF_7.1.0/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1/gettingstarted.pdf

I did a set up my environment using the doc above and Google.
Now I received the mission, to understand a project with more that 60 (AL) AssemblyLines, 7 AttributeMaps, 29 Connectors, 9 Functions etc

I just tried to run that (AL) AssemblyLine and get this error.

> Please remember that we are neither mind readers and most people here has no psychic abilities - so you really need to explain what you are trying to do so that people not sitting at your computer can understand it.

Your words show exactly what I feel like I'm doing right now. I am using my mind reader and my psychic abilities to understand this tool, project and (AL) AssemblyLines, AttributeMaps, Connectors, Functions developed for previous developer of this project.

I'm missing of Java, Python, PHP, NodeJS world. There we have stackoverflow with million of questions already answered.
In TDI world, I just found this group as the best option so far.

I apologize for my question without details.

Thank you,

slayerite

Jul 7, 2016, 9:42:16 PM7/7/16
Sympathize with tour situation I was jn the same boat over 10 years ago on my first foray into TDI and it was like TD what !!!! It can be overwhelming at first but the tool it mostly intuitive if you understand the basic concepts of assembly lines and connectors etc. Sounds like you found the info centre which is the official knowledge base and depending on the version of TDI or SDI you are working with will have access to the right information

In addition tdiusers.org is another great resource for TFI related info. It's however hard to help with 60ALs and such however my advice would be to go slow and trt to get some design documentation if it exists to understand what each AL is even trying to do. Mostly they are pretty easy to figure out except when the logic is very complex ! HTH

Eddie Hartman

Jul 8, 2016, 6:28:43 AM7/8/16
On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 3:42:16 AM UTC+2, slayerite wrote:
> Sympathize with tour situation I was jn the same boat over 10 years ago on my first foray into TDI and it was like TD what !!!! It can be overwhelming at first but the tool it mostly intuitive if you understand the basic concepts of assembly lines and connectors etc. Sounds like you found the info centre which is the official knowledge base and depending on the version of TDI or SDI you are working with will have access to the right information
>

> In addition tdiusers.org is another great resource for TFI related info. It's however hard to help with 60ALs and such however my advice would be to go slow and trt to get some design documentation if it exists to understand what each AL is even trying to do. Mostly they are pretty easy to figure out except when the logic is very complex ! HTH

There are also a number of video tutorial on various subjects, and the www.tdi-users.org site has How-To docs etc. I recommend that you start playing with the built-in debugger asap. The sooner you get comfortable with it, the faster you are able to answer most of your own questions around TDI.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCQGF_7.1.0/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1/DebuggingYourAssemblyLine.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9Fg-SsToM

And you've found the forum and that's a great start :)

From this bit in the error message (...for bundle profiles_messages) I am assuming this a Connections solution. In that case, you may not actually have to master all the ALs and components, as probably only a handful are actually in use. The rest could part of the template/base solution Config bundled with Connections. If you are able to step into the AL that fails using the Debugger, up to the actual code that throws the exception, then this may provide some insights you can share here in the forum. If it is not script code that is failing, then there may be more info in the log lines preceding the error and stack dump. Maybe a Connections component (jar file) that is missing message resources - in which case you can get a replacement jar for your locale setting. Just shooting in the dark here, so keep your head low.

Kleber Carvalho

Jul 13, 2016, 10:26:34 AM7/13/16
Thank you Slayerite,

I am following you advise and I am going slow reading and understanding the Getting Started: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCQGF_7.1.0/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1/gettingstarted.pdf

Thank you for the help.

Thank you Eddie Hartman,

Your Youtube channel is awesome. Thank you.
I also found these videos: https://mediacenter.ibm.com/channel/t/33944482

> I recommend that you start playing with the built-in debugger asap.

Yeah, I am studying to learn debugger ASAP.

Thank you