HTTPServerConnector and Http.body

jayp

Sep 11, 2015, 6:43:14 AM9/11/15
Hello,
I'm having a problem with httpserver connector. I use it in server mode to listen for requests and test it with curl. WHen I send a get request without any payload, the connector goes to iterator error hook because of this exception:

CTGDIS266E Error in NextIteratorEntry. Exception occurred: java.lang.Exception: CTGDIS278E Cannot locate branch Flow in the context of component HTTPServerConnector.
java.lang.Exception: CTGDIS278E Cannot locate branch Flow in the context of component HTTPServerConnector.
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.exitBranch(AssemblyLine.java:3990)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.msGetNextIteratorEntry(AssemblyLine.java:3714)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainStep(AssemblyLine.java:3376)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2989)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLinePool$ALWorker.run(AssemblyLinePool.java:779)

If I put '{"asd":"asd"}' or anything else as payload, the exception is not thrown. Any ideas?

Message has been deleted

jayp

Sep 11, 2015, 9:52:31 AM9/11/15
And I use jsonparser.

Eddie Hartman

Sep 11, 2015, 1:32:37 PM9/11/15
Is it possible that you are using system.exitFlow() in any of the Server Mode Connector Hooks? If so then this will fail, since you are not in the Flow section - but rather in Feed. To stop the AL use task.shutdown(). Since this is a Server Mode Connector driven AL, there will be a pool of AL Flow sections (AssemblyLine settings > Define Pool Settings > Min and Max pool size). When you make one of these threads shut down, they simply go to 'sleep' back in the pool. No connections are actually closed. That only happens if the main thread, the one listening for client connections stops.

janne.j.p...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2015, 3:23:55 PM9/12/15
Hey,
no I am not calling exitFlow at any point. Actually pretty much all the scripting is done in the data flow section of the AL and the exception happens before any flow components are used.

Eddie Hartman

Sep 12, 2015, 5:24:20 PM9/12/15
Can I get you to pass this to our L2 support team? If there is a fix I don't see then they will know. If this is buggy behavior, then they'll make us fix it :)
Message has been deleted

jayp

Sep 14, 2015, 2:50:47 AM9/14/15
I see if I can make a PMR about this unless someone can come up with some tip what I could try.

jayp

Sep 14, 2015, 5:35:12 AM9/14/15
I will try to override the getNext to see if I could handle the exception myself. Any good examples and documentation for the connector interface?

yn2000

Sep 14, 2015, 11:01:56 AM9/14/15
Try it without Parser, because the Parser is expected something and if that thing is not arriving, TDI goes nut.

HTH. YN.

jayp

Sep 16, 2015, 7:55:12 AM9/16/15
Thanks for the idea. Did a support request regarding this and they're looking into it. In the meantime, I did a workaround by removing the parser and handling the payload or the lack of it in the script and calling the parser from the script if necessary.

leele...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2015, 10:04:12 AM9/16/15
I have this in the Iterator Error Hook and have no issues.

continue;