IDI as a DSMLv2 Client

Jacky

Feb 2, 2007, 3:03:52 AM2/2/07
Dear all,

I have tried to use FileSystem connector to get user information from csv
file and use JNDI connector to make data feed to ITIM. But I have the
following error:

15:59:26 [itimdatafeed] CTGDIS810E handleException - cannot handle
exception , update
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.exolab.castor.xml.ValidationException
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:55)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:53)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:124)
at com.ibm.dsml2.jndi.DSML2DirContext.search(DSML2DirContext.java:849)
at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:259)
at com.ibm.di.connector.JNDIConnector.findEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.update(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.msExecuteNextConnector(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainStep(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeAL(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.run(Unknown Source)

I have tried it success using ITDI 6.0 FP3 but fail in using ITDI 6.1 FP1.
Does it mean that ITDI 6.1 can't be used as DSMLv2 Client?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Jacky

Christian Chateauvieux

Feb 2, 2007, 4:21:21 AM2/2/07
Jacky,

right now, TDI 6.1 is not supported as a TIM adapter or data feeder. See
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=644&context=SSTFWV&q1=directory+integrator&uid=swg21243607&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

The error you get comes from the fact the Castor XML libs were removed
from TDI 6.1.

I believe TDI 6.1.1 will reintroduce a TIM DSMLv2 connector to use with
TIM. That TDI version is a minor verson due to be released in a few
months from here. Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Christian

Eddie Hartman

Feb 2, 2007, 5:20:11 AM2/2/07
It actually contains some exciting updates and new
components. Watch this channel for more info :)

-Eddie

Jacky

Feb 2, 2007, 8:15:06 AM2/2/07
Thx for your reply, and I also found that the dsml2.jar doesn't exit in
TIDI6.1 FP1. Therefore, I copied it from ITIM4.6. Could I copy Castor XML
libs from other sources for continuing to use it temporarily?

On the other hand, I have found that all the evenhandlers will be removed in
the coming ITDI version. If that happens, which server connectors can be
used to replace the DSMLv2 Eventhandler to communicate with ITIM4.6?

Also, I'm interested in learning to write ITDI (RMI) adapter but I found
that there seems little sources on the web. Could you give me some hints,
papers or samples?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Jacky
"Eddie Hartman" <eddie....@no.ibm.com> wrote in message

David Druker

Feb 2, 2007, 10:33:15 AM2/2/07
Jacky,

The supported fix for TDI 6.1 to work with TIM 4.6 is to install Interim Fix 28 (IBM Tivoli Identity
Manager, ver 4.6.0, Interim Fix 4.6.0-TIV-TIM-IF0028). Get it at
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=644&context=SSTFWV&dc=D400&uid=swg24014062&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

IF 28 is distributed for TIM, but it is actually fixes TDI. Specifically, it enables JNDI-based
identity feeds into TIM. Note that requires TDI 6.1 FP1.

EventHandlers are deprecated, but not removed. The so-called DSMLv2EventHandler is alive and well.
You can continue to use it as a way to get bridge TDI-built TIM adapters to TIM.

To get started with RMI-based TIM adapters, you might download the IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
(ITIM) Adapter Development Tool (ADT), which is found at OPAL,
http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal/tim. The link for the tool is on the upper right, presently.

Regards,

David Druker
Americas TechWorks
IBM

Jacky

Feb 2, 2007, 6:31:10 PM2/2/07
Thank you for your reply:)
"David Druker" <dgdr...@us.ibm.com> wrote in message

Jacky

Feb 2, 2007, 8:32:45 PM2/2/07
I try to use ITIM ADT 2.0 with using ITDI 6.1 and Sun JDK 6.0.

After installation, I try to run it and get the error message with the
following meanings:
Can't find the javaw in the path C:\Program
files\ITIMAdapterDevTool\jre\bin\javaw

I try to copy the jre folder from Sun JDK 6.0 to that location and run again
but another error occurs

I don't know what happen.

Is it only suitable for ITDI 6.0?

David Druker

Feb 3, 2007, 12:31:33 AM2/3/07
Yes, unfortunately, the ADT only works with TDI 6.0 FP3. A new version that works with 6.1 (and will
work with 6.1.1 we hope) is in preparation.

In the meantime, you might use the ADT with TDI 6.0 and then simply do your final edits on 6.1 and
run with TIM. The ADT does not use any 6.1 specific features, so the configuration files should work
fine on 6.1. After saving with 6.1, you will not be able to run the config on 6.0.

The main savings of the ADT is building all TIM specific components and a basic outline of the
adapter. In most cases, I think you will have to use TDI to finish the adapter and make it do what
you need.

Good Luck,

Jacky

Feb 4, 2007, 11:02:43 PM2/4/07
I have tried to use it with ITDI 6.0 and find that the error message (Can't

find the javaw in the path C:\Program
files\ITIMAdapterDevTool\jre\bin\javaw). I tried to copy the jre folder
from 6.0 and finally it work. I want to ask if this step is necessary.

Thank you very much