DSMLv2 Event Handler error

GrantK

Mar 19, 2008, 6:55:49 AM3/19/08
Hi All,

I'm having issues with the DSMLv2 Event Handler. I know it should no longer be used but I don't have a choice in this case.
The event handler has 1 Assembly line which searches a csv file and returns eruid.
The AL completes successfully, however the eventhandler then errors:
Here is the end of the log:

11:46:07 CTGDIS003I *** Start dumping Entry
11:46:07 Operation: generic
11:46:07 Entry attributes:
11:46:07 eruid (replace): 'testuser2'
11:46:07 CTGDIS004I *** Finished dumping Entry
11:46:07 CTGDIS088I Finished iterating.
11:46:07 CTGDIS100I Printing the Connector statistics.
11:46:07 [test] Get:2
11:46:07 CTGDIS104I Total: Get:2.
11:46:07 CTGDIS101I Finished printing the Connector statistics.
11:46:07 CTGDIS080I Terminated successfully (0 errors).
11:46:07 CTGDIS079I AssemblyLine AssemblyLines/XTC_Reconcile terminated successfully.
11:46:07 CTGDKB223I AssemblyLine completed XTC_Reconcile.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.internalInsertBefore(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.insertBefore(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.appendChild(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ldap.dsml.SearchResponse.toElement(SearchResponse.java:247)
at com.ibm.di.parser.Dsmlv2Parser.writeEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.eventhandler.DSMLv2EventHandler.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.eventhandler.DSMLv2EventHandler.processRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.di.eventhandler.DSMLv2EventHandler.run(Unknown Source)
11:46:07 CTGDKB220E Exception caught while processing the request: java.lang.NullPointerException
11:46:07 CTGDIS432I Normal Termination.

Any ideas?

Christian Chateauvieux

Mar 19, 2008, 8:23:33 PM3/19/08
Grant,

you should also map back a $dn attribute and the objectClass attribute,
plus other required attributes as defined by the objectClass value.

HTH,

Christian